Author Topic: Nolf Over Martinez  (Read 9122 times)

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Nolf Over Martinez
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 04:40:44 PM »
Bo Nickal comes up big as well.  Penn State lighting up the board with 3 falls so far.

Offline Serial Thriller

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 05:00:42 PM »
Martinez tried to "muscle" him and I think it took the wind out of his sails. Dude looked pooped. Good job by Nolf.
There's a growing anti-intellectual strain in this country. It may be the beginning of the end of our informed democracy. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 05:04:57 PM »
McCutcheon with an injury.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 06:05:57 PM »

Buck-stradamus
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline dsauer22

• Schoolboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 06:37:32 PM »
He was tired because of Nolf's pace.  Simple as that.  Nolf was better today.

Nothing against Nolf, he countered every move from Martinez except one TD and was real aggressive, but Martinez didn't look good at all.  Seemed to be tired already in the 2nd.  No real effort to get off his back.  Maybe he doesn't know how. ::)   Bad decision by Martinez to horse the underhook throw and gave up a TD instead.

It all just makes for a better B1G final.

Offline goStanford18

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 06:43:58 PM »
Nolf's pace is somehow too much for Martinez or Martinez is somehow out of shape.   :-\  ???

Just watched the scramble where Nolf ended up on top for the fall and Martinez looked like he was done wrestling/wanted no more part of Nolf

Offline Serial Thriller

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 06:53:51 PM »
He was tired because of Nolf's pace.  Simple as that.  Nolf was better today.

I don't know if it was Nolf's pace, I think I-Mar came out looking for a quick kill and burned himself out. Good job by Nolf not letting him do it.
There's a growing anti-intellectual strain in this country. It may be the beginning of the end of our informed democracy. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2016, 08:03:05 PM »
Just watched the match.  I didn't see it as Nolf's pace causing IMar to gas.  The signs were there too early and before Nolf really pushed the pace all that much.  That said, I think Nolf proved he could go toe to toe and win, even before the fall.  He is definitely on IMar's level right now and it would not be surprising to see him win the rematch.  I can't wait to watch that one!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2016, 08:35:06 PM »
Sneaky suspicion Martinez cut a bit too much just before the weigh ins which caused the early fatigue.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 08:42:48 PM »
Sneaky suspicion Nolf is better.  Martinez gassed because he hasn't been challenged and has coasted this year.  After he realized that Nolf was better he panicked, gassed and then quit.
We are the storm.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2016, 08:49:01 PM »
just look like he wasn't into it. Whether because Nolf dictated the match or he wasn't feeling good.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2016, 09:08:00 PM »
Sneaky suspicion Nolf is better.  Martinez gassed because he hasn't been challenged and has coasted this year.  After he realized that Nolf was better he panicked, gassed and then quit.
Kind of like the Ironside over Kolat All Star match.

Props to Sir Buck for calling it.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline regulator130

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2016, 10:07:41 PM »
Sneaky suspicion Martinez cut a bit too much just before the weigh ins which caused the early fatigue.

Perry is quoted that Martinez is keeping his weight right around 157 to prepare for the cut post NCAAs.  So if that is correct it's not the reason.  Nolf does this to everyone but Smith. nolf's overtie snaps are killer. Not sure why no one else is hitting that to his level . Each one you could see IMAR fatiguing more. Jo Jo didn't force inside ties, to avoid this from happening.

Offline regulator130

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2016, 08:00:55 AM »
To add to that I think Nolf will be scouted more and people will stay away from collar ties on him.  The problem for IMAR is he wrestles from a collar tie and left under hook you don't see much variety from his ties.  Someone like Joe smith who will wrestle and attack from every tie possible will have a good game plan vs Nolf.  Doesn't mean they can beat him just have the idea of how to. 

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2016, 11:25:55 AM »
Hey regulator....thanks for posting your thoughts and insight
..when I see your name at the top of a post I know I'm going to enjoy reading your perspective.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?