Author Topic: Superbowl!  (Read 10294 times)

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Superbowl!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2016, 08:57:41 AM »
Thanks for letting me know what theonion says.  I'm sure that knowledge might be useful for something.  I simply don't know and see it as a waste of time seems how HGH wasn't illegal anyway.  Carry on.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2016, 10:24:18 AM »
I dislike hypocrites and liers.  He willingly threw his wife under the bus much like Roger Clemens did with his wife.  The sports world is full of them.

But you still vote..... oh never mind.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2016, 12:12:03 AM »
Great defensive game by Denver Broncos, Cam Newton was pressured the entire game.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2016, 10:05:51 AM »
I can't get over how freaking huge Cam Newton is.  he is a freak.

essentially you have a TE with RB speed and WR moves playing QB with a Cannon for an arm.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2016, 10:23:55 AM »
Kinda wiped that smile of Cam's face didnt they.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2016, 10:36:00 AM »
Newton got rattled early and often.  He looked tired and dejected by mid 3rd quarter.

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2016, 10:44:10 AM »
I didn't have a real rooting interest for this game, but started off leaning slightly toward the Panthers.  Then Newton started running his mouth in the press, so I wanted to see him shut up.  Then Aquib Talib started playing like he did for the Bucs, running his mouth and making stupid penalties.  The defenses were impressive, but the offenses also played lousy. The net result was a dull, boring game.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2016, 10:56:46 AM »
I didn't have a real rooting interest for this game, but started off leaning slightly toward the Panthers.  Then Newton started running his mouth in the press, so I wanted to see him shut up.  Then Aquib Talib started playing like he did for the Bucs, running his mouth and making stupid penalties.  The defenses were impressive, but the offenses also played lousy. The net result was a dull, boring game.

LOL

That was how I was seeing it too!

In the end, I wanted to see the old guy win

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2016, 01:18:02 PM »
I guess I'm getting old, but I miss the days when professional ball players were expected to act professionally.  For example, the Bucs had Lee Roy Selmon, Derrick Brooks and Warrick Dunn, who were all classy guys and a credit to the community (even if Brooks and Dunn did go to FSU  :))

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2016, 01:58:21 PM »
yeah ...

Broadway Joe was a class act

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2016, 02:29:07 PM »
And Jim Brown, except when he threw his girlfriend off a balcony.
We are the storm.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2016, 03:29:24 PM »
I am a die hard Bronco fan so I am happy with the end result.  The Bronco offense was lousy with red zone offense and no third down conversions.  I am fine with a little celebrating after big plays but people like Talib need to stfu.  The late hits need to go as well.  I hope Manning retires and becomes an afterthought. 

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2016, 06:17:26 PM »
I am a die hard Bronco fan so I am happy with the end result.  The Bronco offense was lousy with red zone offense and no third down conversions.  I am fine with a little celebrating after big plays but people like Talib need to stfu.  The late hits need to go as well.  I hope Manning retires and becomes an afterthought.
I thought you were a N. Iowa fan?

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2016, 07:43:05 PM »
The idea that Manning would ever become an "afterthought" is ridiculous. Despite this season, he is one of if not the greatest regular season quarterback of all time. Just look at the stats

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2016, 09:10:51 PM »
North Iowa?  I don't follow them one way or the other.