Author Topic: Superbowl!  (Read 10530 times)

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Superbowl!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 02:47:13 PM »
Manning will be investigated by the NFL. 

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 02:49:28 PM »
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 02:52:45 PM »
Manning will be investigated by the NFL.

- Right.  After a thorough review by our independent team of investigators we have determined there is no credible evidence that Peyton Manning took HGH or any other performance enhancing drug.
We are the storm.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 03:07:53 PM »
Why are you so fixated on Manning?  Just curious.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 03:26:25 PM »
I dislike hypocrites and liers.  He willingly threw his wife under the bus much like Roger Clemens did with his wife.  The sports world is full of them.
We are the storm.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 03:58:05 PM »
Manning hardly has the physique of someone taking PEDs.  I suppose it is possible but until some other line of evidence appears to implicate him, I am going with the stance that the AL-J story is full of crap. 

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 04:42:12 PM »
No one to sue now. Al J USA went belly up because they were a crap news source
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 05:22:19 PM »
They were an excellent news source here.  It was a young channel, staffed by many idealistic types who had been educated in the West.

But the station came to be demonized in the West in general and in the United States in particular. It would not toe the neo-con party line in the early 2000s during the Iraq invasion, and threatened to report a side of the war that threatened Washington’s policies in the region. Some American leaders used it to deflect attention from their warmongering policies, and predictably, public opinion in the United States came to see it as some sort of radicalist mouthpiece. It was absurd, but such is the influence of ignorance and fear-mongering. 

Major cable distributors like Comcast and DirectTV declined to carry the channel.  Hindsight is 20/20 but they should of done something to rebrand themselves because they were never going to get a fair shake in the U.S.
We are the storm.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 09:46:29 PM »
Weren't they being sued by someone else too
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 03:07:30 AM »
Manning hardly has the physique of someone taking PEDs. 

Neither did Armstrong or Josh Barnet or Tim Montgomery or etc.

There are more accurate tests than what physique someone has.

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 03:08:02 AM »

Can't they sue the parent company?

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 03:11:14 AM »
Peyton:  Ah will not dignify that garbage report with a response.  Next question.
Really doesn't matter.  It was not a banned substance anyway.  Dead end ally.  Your Muslim news source is gone.  (yes, I know your attitude towards Muslims)

If it doesn't matter and not banned, why not just state "Yes. I needed HGH to help my neck heal after multiple surgeries. The HGH I used was prescribed by my doctor while I was under his care."?

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 08:09:18 AM »
Peyton:  Ah will not dignify that garbage report with a response.  Next question.
Really doesn't matter.  It was not a banned substance anyway.  Dead end ally.  Your Muslim news source is gone.  (yes, I know your attitude towards Muslims)

If it doesn't matter and not banned, why not just state "Yes. I needed HGH to help my neck heal after multiple surgeries. The HGH I used was prescribed by my doctor while I was under his care."?
Who knows.  Maybe he simply didn't take HGH.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 09:19:37 AM »

Can't they sue the parent company?

Not likely under corporate and international law.  Event occurred in the US.  Jurisdiction is in the US.  Ha can still sue, and if the bought media liability insurance, there would be defense and indemnity coverage from the insurer, if the limits have not been exhausted from other litigation.

it would be near impossible to pierce the corporate veil under US law and its why businesses create subsidiary corporations-> insulate the parent from the errors and omissions of the subsidiary.  It's possible of he can link involvement of the parent, but then suit would have to brought in that home country of the parent and it would subject to those local laws and limits on liability.  Not every country offers the deep pocket and wacko awards that we see here in the US.  The cost would be exorbitant to make the link and would only keep the issue in the news.

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2016, 04:48:30 AM »

Who knows.  Maybe he simply didn't take HGH.

Then you and The Onion are in agreement:

http://www.theonion.com/article/peyton-mannings-14-foot-tall-wife-crushes-skull-sp-52138