Author Topic: Nick Lee vs Chad Red  (Read 10545 times)

Offline Bozak

• State Champ
    • View Profile
Nick Lee vs Chad Red
« on: January 26, 2016, 09:11:11 AM »
Looks like this match up could/should happen in the Indiana State Finals.  Lee has been injured and only has 3 matches this year.  Red continues his quest to be an undefeated  4 timer.  Red is ranked #1 at 132 and #4 P4P.  Lee is ranked #7 at 132.  Red is undefeated for his career, Lee has one loss (to Micic 2 years ago).  Red won the who's #1 and Lee was outstanding wrestler at Fargo 2 summers ago when he teched his way to the title.  Red is headed to Nebraska and Lee is committed to Penn St.

Anybody want to weigh in on this one?  Quite possibly the most anticipated match ever in IN.  I've been watching Lee for a long time.  If he is 100% I'll take him.  He is relentless and is constantly on the attack.  Nearly impossible to get out of position.  Seen Red a handful of times.  While he's had some close matches in state, I've never really felt like he was in danger of losing.  His athleticism is off the charts.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
Re: Nick Lee vs Chad Red
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 05:37:50 PM »
Red by major.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline regulator130

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 06:12:42 PM »
Hard to say with Lee's injuries.  I have watched both several times being from Indiana. If this match took place last year at state( last time i saw both live) I would have said Lee wins 6-4ish.  Red's scrambling seems to have improved a lot this year so with that and Lee not being 100% probably I will take Red close 7-5.  If Lee stays healthy for his career I would say he will have a better college career.

Offline Bozak

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 08:51:46 AM »
Red by major.

Steven Micic as as senior didn't major a freshman Lee.  You think Red would?  The same Red that hasn't majored several opponents who aren't on Lee's level?  Ignorant.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 12:34:33 PM »
What injury is Lee coming off?

Offline Bozak

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 02:22:59 PM »
Apparently a back injury.  In the sectional this past weekend, he had a :22 fall, a 1:19 fall and a 3:01 fall, so he must not have been hampered too much by it.

Meanwhile, Red had falls of :10, :12 and :10

Suffice it to say that neither had much competition in the sectionals.  Likely more of the same for both in this weekend's Regionals.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 03:04:58 PM »
Pins in 15 seconds or less sound like throws straight to the back or a fast double.  Either way there was no resistance.

Offline Bozak

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 09:09:37 AM »
Update after Regionals.

Nick Lee wins the Castle Regional with pins of :49, 2:49 and :57
Chad Red wins the Perry Meridian Regional with pins of :13, :14 and a tech fall (19-4) in the finals.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 11:00:57 AM »
Make sure someone gets this match on Youtube
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline regulator130

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 06:18:39 PM »
It's all set for the finals! Lee techs undefeated #3 ranked Molloy 19-1 in 3:12. Should be a great one!

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 09:42:06 PM »
I am so pumped for this and will be there on the front row watching sat night when they meet...a showdown between two incredible studs....I think red will finish his indiana he career with one loss and it will happen in his last match.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Bozak

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 09:16:31 AM »
Red wins his semi-state.  18-3 tech fall, fall in 1:27, 7-2 decision and a 19-3 tech fall

Lee wins his semi-state.  Fall in 2:03, fall in :20, techs the #3 kid in the state 19-1 in 3:12 and a fall in 3:50

They are in opposite brackets and should be in the finals.  Red will likely face the #3 kid that Lee teched in the quarters on Saturday morning.  Should be interesting to see how that match goes down.

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 09:48:27 AM »
Will you be there bozak?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Bozak

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 10:04:31 AM »
If I am, it will just be Saturday.  The finals are usually broadcast on TV so that, along with some other things, might keep me from going.  Depends how this week goes.

Offline Bozak

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 10:05:34 AM »
Correction:  Red will face state #3 Elliott Molloy in the semi's, not the quarters.