Author Topic: Nick Lee vs Chad Red  (Read 10940 times)

Offline matref0

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
Re: Nick Lee vs Chad Red
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 08:50:35 PM »
Serious question but what is a "semi-state" or what does it mean to win one?

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 10:54:53 PM »
I'm single class Indiana the path to "State" takes place in several stages.  It begins with sectionals, the top placers in each sectional moves on to regionals the following weekend.  The top placers at regionals move on to semistate ( 4 locations)the following weekend,  the top 4 finishers from each semi-state moves onto "State" (16 men per weight class)the last weekend.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 11:00:59 AM »
I'm single class Indiana the path to "State" takes place in several stages.  It begins with sectionals, the top placers in each sectional moves on to regionals the following weekend.  The top placers at regionals move on to semistate ( 4 locations)the following weekend,  the top 4 finishers from each semi-state moves onto "State" (16 men per weight class)the last weekend.

Thats 5 weeks to determine a state champion. Too long in my opinon.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2016, 01:20:12 PM »

My counting says four, sectional, regionals, semistates, states.
Bunch of snowflakes run this board, sad how the mods cater to people that support one political party.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 02:13:47 PM »

My counting says four, sectional, regionals, semistates, states.
Yes, and thank you for that correction, but its still too long. Drop Semi-state or sectionals
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline regulator130

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 02:37:50 PM »
You couldn't really drop a level. There are over 310 schools in one class.  If you dropped sectionals each regional would have 20-25 kids with a 5 match limit per day you couldn't have wrestle backs to 3rd.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 02:37:56 PM »
Or add another class.  Or just leave their unique system as is.

Offline regulator130

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 02:56:02 PM »
I coached in Iowa for 3 years and their system doesn't compare to Indianas.  Indiana's state tournament truly is special.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 06:03:25 PM »
You couldn't really drop a level. There are over 310 schools in one class.  If you dropped sectionals each regional would have 20-25 kids with a 5 match limit per day you couldn't have wrestle backs to 3rd.
Drop semi state

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 07:39:46 PM »
I coached in Iowa for 3 years and their system doesn't compare to Indianas.  Indiana's state tournament truly is special.

Boom! This comes from a indiana state champ that came from a tiny school!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:51:25 PM by Brew »
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline regulator130

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 08:47:06 PM »
Drop semi state

And send 64 guys to state per weight?

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 10:10:01 PM »
Nothing wrong with multiple layer qualifiers, I like the idea of a single class. 

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 01:10:58 PM »
Drop semi state

And send 64 guys to state per weight?

Hmm... I see you point.

Count me in with those that think you need more classifications.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 02:18:47 PM »
Some state tournaments only have an 8 man bracket.  Colorado at one time had 5 classifications and 12 man brackets.

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »
Red vs Lee will happen tonight.

Lee is looking real sharp and definitely not showing any signs of any lingering injury. Red is on autopilot. He's been super impressive and poised in big matches for a couple years now. I don't know... I'll take Red.
I always bring my hips to the party.