Author Topic: tOSU vs. PSU Predictions  (Read 13327 times)

Offline goStanford18

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
tOSU vs. PSU Predictions
« on: February 03, 2016, 03:54:17 PM »
I'm excited to go watch Stanford battle it out with Oregon State tomorrow for some Pac-12 conference supremacy (Bresser vs. Schram; Dhesi vs. Butler should be the most competitive matches that carry ranking implications)....but Ohio State vs. Penn State has National Title implications.

125: Tomasello vs. Mega

This should be a closely contested bout which can really go either way. In other words, it's a coin flip match; but I'm taking Tomasello.

tOSU: 3 PSU: 0

133: DiJulius vs. Conaway

DiJulius has been streaky his whole career and it doesn't look to have changed this season.  More or less could be said about Conaway. I think the best JDJ doesn't show up here and Conaway picks up PSU's first win.

tOSU: 3 PSU: 3

141: Gulibon vs. Micah Jordan

I'm thinking a dominant performance from Micah. Bonus will be huge for the Buckeyes here, but I think Micah only wins by 6 or 7.

tOSU: 6 PSU: 3

149: Retherford vs. ???

Quite frankly, I don't think it matters on who tOSU sends out against the Z-Train. Perhaps a 2012-2013 form of Hunter Stieber would hold it down to a decision, but I think Zain techs or pins anyone Coach Ryan sends out. I'll go with a pin.

tOSU: 6 PSU: 9

157: Nolf vs. ???

I think Jake Ryan is Ohio State's best guy here, and he has the guts to hold it just a tech fall

tOSU: 6 PSU: 14

165: Rasheed vs. Bo Jordan

Jordan looks for a fall here, but Rasheed is one tough son of a gun. I don't know if Rasheed has the gas tank to last 7 minutes with Bo...but I'll say he has a gutsy performance and holds it down to a major.

tOSU: 10 PSU: 14

174: Nickal vs. Myles Martin

Martin has been streaky since his debut. I'll go with a Nickal decision.

tOSU: 10 PSU: 17

184: ??? vs. Courts

I don't think McCutcheon is back yet? Either way, I'm going with Courts.

tOSU: 13 PSU: 17

197: McIntosh vs. Mark Martin

Martin finds it in himself to not get teched or pinned.

tOSU: 13 PSU: 21

285: ??? vs. Snyder

Some rumors say Nevills is making a return this season. He'll definitely be a great addition, but I don't think he can stand toe-to-toe with Snyder even if he was healthy. Tech-fall for Snyder

tOSU: 18 PSU: 21

I got it coming down to 5 a piece, but the difference in this dual will come down to bonus points. I'm picking PSU, but gunning for tOSU to pull off the upset.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: tOSU vs. PSU Predictions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 04:27:35 PM »
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:06:08 AM »
125- In a preview of the national finals Megaludis beats Tomasello

PSU 3 tOSU 0

133- JDJ continues a somewhat disappoint season by giving up a takedown at the last second

PSU 6 tOSU 0

141- Micah throws Gulibon around like a rag doll and picks up the major, reenergizing tOSU

PSU 6 tOSU 4

149- Retherford beats up Stieber who barely holds on to a minor decision

PSU 9 tOSU 4

157- Nolf pounds Ryan for a major, nearly picks up pin in first

PSU 13 tOSU 4

165- Bo goes in full throttle to try and salvage the dual, picks up a tech fall

PSU 13 tOSU 9

174- Nickal picks up a solid decision over Myles

PSU 16 tOSU 9

184- Ryan expects Courts to get bonus, but Courts only pulls out a minor

PSU 16 tOSU 12

197- McIntosh only picks up a major, killing my fantasy dreams

PSU 20, tOSU 12

285- Snyder finishes the dual on a highnote for Ohio State with a fall

PSU 20, tOSU 18
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »
If Zain beats up on Striebler it won't be just a decision. Also I will take a bet that 125 is Not a preview of the National finals.

Offline goStanford18

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 04:22:29 PM »
If Zain beats up on Striebler it won't be just a decision. Also I will take a bet that 125 is Not a preview of the National finals.

My money says that we won't see Stieber in dual tomorrow. Also, are you suggesting a Dance vs. Gilman final?

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 04:51:48 PM »
I think Gilman makes it in ... not sure out of the other 3 guys who does ... 125 always seems to go crazy at Nationals.

Seriously this is going to about as one sided as the attraction between my prom date and I

-back story: I got dumped a week before prom my senior year and had to dig up a date. Needless to say she was happy to have an arm to walk in on (grateful is a better description) and willing to show her appreciation. I on the other hand was not happy with settling

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 06:50:33 PM »
Also I will take a bet that 125 is Not a preview of the National finals.

Depends on the bracket, sort of like how Tomasello was able to make the finals last year. I would place a bet on Megaludis winning it since I think that happens regardless.
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 08:29:09 PM »
I don't think Gilman makes it.  He is good but  I can see someone getting in his head and rattling him.  I predict he loses before the semis.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 09:00:02 PM »
I will take that bet fs

the Big Ten Tournament is really the national tourney

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 09:37:43 PM »
I predict he places 4th or 5th. 

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 10:17:18 PM »
what do you want to bet?  we can $ through a secondary site or even more fun you can wear a signature of my creation for as long as you are willing to bear it on the forums.  you're saying that he loses in the Quarters to someone, I'd love to know who outside of Mega, Toma, or Dance might challenge him and he shouldn't see any of them before the Semis.  and then you say he will lose again to one of those three in the 3/4 match or even funnier loses to another guy outside the top 4 (Klimara is the next closest and I watched Gilman major him live and in person and it wasn't even that close).

I'll tell you what ... I'll give you anything lower than 3rd.  I'll take 1-3. 

let's do it for two months.  No welching or changing logins or whatever

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 10:28:55 PM »
Sure, a sig bet is fine.  I just don't see him making the finals.  He may very well crack into the semis but not a finalist.

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 10:15:43 AM »
Pumped for this one, here is Flo's whiteboard wars on it:

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/905544-whiteboard-wars11-ohio-state-vs-1-penn-state

Why the heck does this start so early?  5pm Chicago time and 3pm on the west coast.  Most people will still be at work or on the way home, set your DVR people. 

Offline pipewrench

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 11:06:38 AM »
I am barely going to make it there in time for the dual to start.  Chat here if the boss gets off his butt to set one up.....
*Insert clever or inspirational quote here*

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 11:16:55 AM »
Why the heck does this start so early?  5pm Chicago time and 3pm on the west coast.  Most people will still be at work or on the way home, set your DVR people.

I'll probably be at work in my garage. But I just replaced my old TV there with a Hi-Def model, and won't have to miss anything.

Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l