Author Topic: The end of an Era  (Read 5386 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: The end of an Era
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 09:37:01 PM »
For those in pimply puberty a tight fitting tee is preferred.  We had a heavyweight that was smoothered in boils and the refs required him to wear tees.  There were some bouts where they gave him injury time to change tee shirts and that was after the trainer would tape him up with bandages before he even stepped in the mat.  After about a month the coaches finally went out and bought him black tees.  By mid season they had him doubling them up.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 04:39:03 PM »
I think if you're allowed to use both, it won't be an issue. If they require a complete change, you won't see a drastic increase in numbers. The same kids using the singlet as an excuse, will then use their mom as an excuse, or say the sport is gay, or they don't have money, or they have to work, or they have to spend time coloring by numbers, or their girlfriend said they can't, etc, etc.

I've also found, the kids who use the singlet as an excuse, are usually the ones with terrible grades, lack any kind of work ethic and are a pain in the ass.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Champ
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 07:00:54 PM »
I've also found, the kids who use the singlet as an excuse, are usually the ones with terrible grades, lack any kind of work ethic and are a pain in the ass.

I initially had a problem with the singlet. Overweight kids have issues. I had issues. I also once worked at a Blimpie sub shop -- add THAT to the issues list.

I got into Brown ... as far as the work ethic and being a pain in the ass ... well, you got me on the pain in the ass thing.
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg