Author Topic: Van Who?!  (Read 2195 times)

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Van Who?!
« on: February 22, 2016, 07:10:58 PM »
Justin Van Hoose, a senior who was 0-0 on the year and just 17-30 for his career, stepped into the line-up for Virginia Friday night against Pitt and promptly upset 10th ranked Mike Racciato 11-4!  This was no fluke either (the match is on espn3 if you care to see for yourself) as Van Hoose took Racciato down twice in the first period before rolling him over for backs.  He was even in on a shot, trying to score the major, when the match ended.  I don't know who could have seen that coming!

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Van Who?!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 07:13:54 PM »
There is a story in Kentucky of a wrestler by the name of Mike Nolan who was JV the whole year leading up to the regional tournament. He finally wins his wrestle off and ends up winning the state title.

I think I've heard of Van Hoose before somehow but still an impressive win
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 08:03:09 PM »
Justin Van Hoose, a senior who was 0-0 on the year and just 17-30 for his career, stepped into the line-up for Virginia Friday night against Pitt and promptly upset 10th ranked Mike Racciato 11-4!  This was no fluke either (the match is on espn3 if you care to see for yourself) as Van Hoose took Racciato down twice in the first period before rolling him over for backs.  He was even in on a shot, trying to score the major, when the match ended.  I don't know who could have seen that coming!

He's a senior and the other 2 normally handing 141 have losing records.  I imagine coach put him in the lineup since it was the last dual of the season and he's a senior.  The question becomes, does coach leave him in for ACCs. The other two are underclassmen with no wins to speak of. 

Question is... Do you reward the win with the start in the ACC tournament?  I say do it, give him the shot,  kid earned it, he's a senior and the other two will have there day.

BTW, he's 4x Missouri state champ so its not like he hasn't been around the block.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 08:09:45 PM »
Give him a shot, things happen and he might pull something off and qualify.

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 08:22:21 PM »
Though he has been facing hammers, that was Racciato's 5th loss in a row.  I think his ranking was a bit too high due to a weak schedule. 

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 11:27:02 PM »
And apparently Racciato is no longer on the team

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 06:34:28 AM »
Noticed that his name was no longer on the roster. What is up with that?
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 08:17:36 AM »
Van Hoose - In and now the #6 seed.  Draws No. 3 Joey Ward (#7), UNC and if he pulls it, off bumps into No.2 Chishko, VTech (#5).   No question, the toughest road to the championship, #3, #2, then #1, Jack, NC State (#3).

I think we have a dark horse to root for.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 12:09:22 PM »
Wrestling is no fun when you lose, Raccioto has left the room.  Edinboro on line #1.
We are the storm.