Author Topic: Hey Ben Aksren  (Read 1190 times)

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Hey Ben Aksren
« on: April 16, 2016, 08:34:17 pm »
What Khabib is doing?  yeah, this is what we want to see from guys who can take people down at will. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Ben Aksren
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 10:59:39 pm »
I found Ben's fight this weekend entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7I9jk0TvTQ

Offline retired

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 10:13:19 am »
Pillow fight.  Amazing what a really fine wrestler can do in this sport with zero punching ability.   Mr. pitter pat.
If every black male 18-35 applied for a conceal & carry permit, and then joined the NRA in one day; there would be gun control laws in a second.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 03:55:05 pm »
I found Ben's fight this weekend entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7I9jk0TvTQ

Askren must be pretty strong but he looks like a dough boy to me.  That other guy was ripped.  Didn't do him much good did it?

mspart

Offline retired

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 08:20:03 am »
Is there any chance that Askren becomes part of the UFC?  Would love to see how he does against the "big boys".
If every black male 18-35 applied for a conceal & carry permit, and then joined the NRA in one day; there would be gun control laws in a second.

Offline retired

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 09:20:49 am »
Now that McGregor has pulled out of the Diaz fight , why not get Askren to replace him?

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 12:10:26 pm »
Now that McGregor has pulled out of the Diaz fight , why not get Askren to replace him?

1. because he is under contract with another promotion.  Not sure the contract but most don't like to share.
2.  Dana White has been quite vocal about not liking Askren of the way he fights.  As much as it is a "sport" it's still very much spectical and as much as many people would like to see Askren fight the best, the common fan who shells out for the PPV, may not have a clue who he is, and doesn't want to watch him get a TD then not finish.

One thing I did like about the promotion he fights for, knees to the head of grounded opponent.  Changes a lot of aspects of the fight.
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.