Author Topic: Jon Jones out of UFC 200  (Read 1043 times)

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Jon Jones out of UFC 200
« on: July 07, 2016, 02:34:39 am »
Failed his drug test way back in June and they didn't tell UFC the results until yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if Dana White tore his office apart
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Jones out of UFC 200
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 10:06:45 am »
I honestly laughed at this news. They rushed him back and we're burying his past and it came back to bite them in the ass. I really dislike White and egg on his face makes me happy
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 04:58:31 pm »
Dana White is a d bag for many reasons.

Offline ocianain

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 05:17:21 pm »
Anybody know what he failed for?
The Seeking For One Thing Will Find Another - Irish Proverb

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 06:08:28 pm »
Anybody know what he failed for?

Hasn't been revealed yet, suspected doping. B sample results haven't been released either
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline goStanford18

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 10:42:12 pm »
I think it is a little bit silly that the headline match for UFC 200 is Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt. Both are bad, bad men...but Lesnar has been out of the MMA scene for a number of years, and Mark Hunt is 42 years old (to be fair, he's done some of his best work within the past couple of years). Good news is that most of Hunt's fights do not make it to judge's scoreboards...so we are likely bound for an exciting finish.

However, I'm not sure if the UFC's largest historical draw is enough to save their largest event ever.

Best case scenario: McGregor and Diaz are called up on less than 3 days notice and replace Jones/Cormier.

Offline goStanford18

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 12:05:31 am »
Just learned Anderson Silva is Jones' replacement.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 12:32:18 am »
I hope Lesnar loses.  I never liked him

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 09:46:02 am »
I think it is a little bit silly that the headline match for UFC 200 is Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt. Both are bad, bad men...but Lesnar has been out of the MMA scene for a number of years, and Mark Hunt is 42 years old (to be fair, he's done some of his best work within the past couple of years). Good news is that most of Hunt's fights do not make it to judge's scoreboards...so we are likely bound for an exciting finish.

However, I'm not sure if the UFC's largest historical draw is enough to save their largest event ever.

Best case scenario: McGregor and Diaz are called up on less than 3 days notice and replace Jones/Cormier.

Tate v Nunes is now the headline match

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 10:22:31 pm »
https://www.steroid.com/Oral-Turinabol.php

Reports (from TMZ) that Jones failed a drug test just before his fight against Cormier.

Sherdog reported that the drug he tested positive for was Turinabol.

It's a drug that has been around since the 1960s and was the preferred drug the East German government fed their Olympic athletes without their knowledge.

From the website I linked:

Effects of Oral Turinabol:
"Without question the effects of Oral Turinabol will be most valuable to the athlete and by athlete we actually mean athlete. We’re not talking about the bodybuilder or gym rat that lives like one but rather someone who competes in a competitive sport of physical skill. The use of Oral Turinabol will significantly promote muscular endurance, they won’t tire out as fast and their overall rate of recovery should be greatly improved. As the season wanes on, they should also find they have taken less of a beating and are closer to the physical peak they enjoyed at the beginning of the season. This would not occur without the anabolic protectant nature. The athlete should also find his strength is noticeably improved upon. Yes, he should be stronger, which can directly translate into physical power and speed. No, it will not create the athlete, it will not create athletic ability, affect coordination or turn a sloth into a star, but it will enhance the existing athlete within. If it wasn’t phenomenal for this purpose you can bet the East Germans wouldn’t have been using it and successfully so for nearly two decades."

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 02:48:03 pm »
He should be banned for life.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth - Albert Einstein, 1901

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 03:11:09 pm »
I like the idea of them losing their whole purse if they get busted
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ocianain

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 05:48:56 pm »
He's using a 50 year old drug that has to be known to the testing agency? Bwahahahahaha!

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 09:18:08 am »
There goes his big money matchup with Brock Lesnar, unless Jones gets hired by the WWE.

Offline ocianain

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 11:23:00 pm »
Keep Brock out of the UFC, it was bad enough when he walked in and almost defeated Mir, winning the title after only thre fights made the UFC look bad. Push the MMA vs Boxing angle, lots of money there.