Author Topic: Nenad Lalovic Thanks the Wrestling Community  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
Nenad Lalovic Thanks the Wrestling Community
« on: July 30, 2016, 06:51:24 pm »
From the UWW website:

Quote from: Nenand Lalovic
A word of gratitude to the Wrestling Community:

I would like to wholeheartedly thank the Wrestling Community for their patience and support of United World Wrestling in these difficult times. Thank you for trusting in the Special Commission and for allowing them to work diligently through the recent accusations against one of our members. Their work had to be carried out in order to preserve the integrity of our sport.

I know we will find similar unity across the wrestling world in the months and years to come. I sincerely wish all nations the best in their Olympic journey and please be assured that United World Wrestling serves you, the athletes, and encourages you to go with passion and compete your very hardest to fulfill your Olympic Dream.

We have all worked hard to get back to this point and I now leave it in your hands to show the world the beauty of competition, the beauty of wrestling and the beauty of the Games.

Okay, so while this is arguably fluff... I have to say, it's a refreshing change from the "Hear my words, O useless minions!" tone that FILA had.  While we're not out of the woods, we're a few years past the crisis and this guy still isn't talking like a pompous ass.  I'm impressed.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Nenad Lalovic Thanks the Wrestling Community
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 03:51:01 pm »
I wouldn't expect a whole ton of substance from a governing body of any sport.  They have to walk a fine line.  I do wish the Russian team had been banned though.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Nenad Lalovic Thanks the Wrestling Community
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 06:28:58 pm »
I'll be more impressed when they get back to 10 weights
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell