Author Topic: Woodley  (Read 1223 times)

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Woodley
« on: July 31, 2016, 08:23:28 am »
With one punch he's now king of the hill.  Lawler will be slurring his words in his 30's.
If every black male 18-35 applied for a conceal & carry permit, and then joined the NRA in one day; there would be gun control laws in a second.

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Woodley
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 12:29:57 pm »
Lawler has been around for a long time. I was shocked that he is actually younger than Tyron.

Big props for Woodley asking to defend his title at the next PPV event in two weeks.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 10:28:21 am »
Lawler has been around for a long time. I was shocked that he is actually younger than Tyron.

Big props for Woodley asking to defend his title at the next PPV event in two weeks.

Yeah, but those props quickly fade when he wants to handpick his opponent.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 11:02:07 pm »

Yeah, but those props quickly fade when he wants to handpick his opponent.

Get paid, then retire.

I have no problem with him trying to hold out for GSP and a potential million dollar payday than to fight Thompson for a couple hundred thousand.

Offline leglace

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 10:03:17 am »
GSP fight would not net him more than probably 300k show money, if that much. GSP would probably not even net more than 500k show money either. His draw is not near what McGoober or Lesnar commands today. And Woodley is not that marketable either. He has little personality and his fights are hit and miss.

Nick Diaz could net him a little more if they create a drama between them, like trash talk followed by a scuffle during a presser. But the fight makes absolutely no sense.

Wonderboy will be a heavy favorite imo, and I think that risk/reward factor is what has impacted his reluctance. He should be guaranteed at least 200k show money if he headlines a decent card. It's a shame endorsement money is not a factor here though.
When all else fails, do the opposite...

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile