Author Topic: J Rob Axed  (Read 4914 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: J Rob Axed
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 02:49:16 PM »
For those of you who are familiar with the U of MN, you know that influential factions have been pushing to get rid of JRob since the Title IX furor.  I worked at the U and have heard the passion of their voices.  The MN Daily ran several editorials calling for his dismissal back then.  That sentiment hasn't died down.  Powerful voices pushed for his firing and the new AD Coyle became their hand puppet.

This.  I lived in Apple Valley, MN 1994-2001 and heard it then.  I agree with this assessment.

mspart

Offline caseman

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 03:32:16 PM »
I hate that he is gone, especially how he went out.  I thought he was a great coach and an icon to the sport.     2001, 10 All-Americans!!  Holy F#ck!

https://youtu.be/b5XY72q0LyQ
Better to die of thirst than drink from the cup of mediocrity

Offline Jerry Callo

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2016, 03:43:10 PM »
I hate to break this to ya fellas, but the local District Attorney has already announced there will be no criminal charges brought against the wrestlers, OR against J Robinson.  So if you see the Court TV trucks outside Williams Arena it is NOT for the wrestling program. 

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 03:45:17 PM »
they are going to settle and it's going to cost the U.  and there isn't a bunch of rich alums who will be willing to pony up this cash like with their football coach they ran out of town.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 07:32:03 PM »
Well, I hope so.  U of M have been trying to run him out forever.  Now they did finally in such an awful mess.  They have never supported him.  Ever.  They have tolerated him as a dinosaur, albeit a very successful dinosaur. 

I wish him the best of luck.

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 08:55:02 PM »
Interesting circumstances.  If the U negotiates a settlement with J, the cost is born fully by the athletic department.  The U extended J's contractrt through April 2019. He's looking at a minimum of 2.5 years of value.

The allegations would no doubt include Wrongful Termination, defamation, libel and slander, plus punitive damages. No if he files a suit, there is insurance in place that will respond to the cost of defense and pay any damages subject to the deductible chosen by the University.  The big issue, it covers the cost of defending the  Right out of the box, there is insurance place to cover a portion of the loss that otherwise would have been absorbed internally. 

Universities are notorious for staunchly defend such liability allegations.  They wont hesitate to run up a $500K or $1M legal bill.  Expect this one to drag along for years.