Author Topic: We doing this again this year?  (Read 3088 times)

Offline dutch134

• OW
    • View Profile
Re: We doing this again this year?
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 04:28:16 pm »
I think the sooner the better with our crew.  Hahaha!

Offline YakRider

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2016, 04:35:33 pm »
If akin has the time or brew or somebody we could select the draft order and announce keepers and/or any other changes. I would draw the draft but dont know how to put it on you tube or put the video anywhere on the net.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2016, 05:01:02 pm »
get me the list and I'll set up the drawing again and post a video so there is no tomfoolery

also we did we decide on keepers yet?
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2016, 05:15:00 pm »
Personally I vote for no keepers just to keep it simple.  I don't even remember 100% who was on my team last year

Offline YakRider

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2016, 05:56:52 pm »
I asked akin a couple days ago if there were keepers and he said yes.  He didn't mention any other changes and i didn't ask.

Offline YakRider

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2016, 06:00:43 pm »
Personally I vote for no keepers just to keep it simple.  I don't even remember 100% who was on my team last year

I think you had dance and cox and i think another guy or 2 who did well last year.

Offline Jerry Callo

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2016, 07:47:43 pm »
For the record we had a vote back in March and it was 4-3 AGAINST keepers.  If we are going to have them - can we see the draft order before deciding on who our  "keeper" will be?

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Offline YakRider

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2016, 10:35:06 pm »
Since jerry said about half the people in the league voiced an opinion last year maybe the others would like to be heard as well. I don't know if there was a cut off date given to vote or not, but at that point in the season some were already eliminated etc and prob didn't give it much thought or time as well as even considering other issues or topics raised. This particular topic seems to keep changing it seems on a yearly basis so perhaps a vote of all participating members as we begin a new season or just akin making a decision is in order. I def have an opinion but obviously will go along with what the majority of all members decides.

Offline Jerry Callo

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2016, 10:55:10 pm »
I can go either way on the keeper thing - how about 2 rounds?  That way I get to keep both Heil and BoJo - and Yak can keep both Nolf and Nickal. 

Offline dutch134

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2016, 08:36:04 am »
I vote for keepers and definitely no for two rounds!  Ha!

Offline dutch134

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2016, 09:54:41 am »
Sorry, I vote no for keepers.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2016, 10:46:07 am »
teams can be found on last years board.

majority rules, not super majority so vote on the thread and whether or not everyone votes, it's decided by say ... when should we close the poll ? 

like Saturday at Midnight?  Then aim for Monday 9:00 am draft start?
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Jerry Callo

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2016, 11:29:05 am »
I am confused where to vote - here or on the thread from last spring - and more importantly will Trump have poll watchers there to maintain the integrity of the election?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2016, 11:45:55 am »
That's good for me. I will work this weekend to get a draft board ready and go ahead and clear out the 2015 Season section cleaned out. We can just use that one.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline YakRider

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2016, 01:13:52 pm »
I too am confused as to what is going on. Why not just start a thread here and tell everyone interested to vote here.  Anyway, was thinking of this  going forward.  If a player has a freshman or a red shirt freshman on his roster then he may keep him for the next year and that year only. Then he goes back into the pool. If the freshMan red shirts his soph year then he's gone into the pool as a RS Soph. Same for red shirt fresh. If he for any reason: Injury. Olympic RS, whatever reason he doesn't wrestle his RS Soph year, he too is into the general pool. A freshman or RS Freshman can be kept for the next year and the next year only irregardless if the circumstances. 
That way those who like to study and/or gamble or have coached a kid in high school or whatever can have said wrestler for the max of 2 years possibly. At that point he again is a free agent so to speak. It allows for those who like to gamble and brag about they knew the kid was good or who are just fortuidous enough can reap the rewards while not bogarting a david taylor for 4 years.   
Whaddy think???