Author Topic:  (Read 2352 times)

Offline AnthonyMarston

• DI
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: January 23, 2009, 12:09:34 AM »
Remember when USA Today went to John Lennon and Yoko Ono's London pad to do the historic interview?

They knock on the door - no answer.  Then they hear in a British voice, "Come in, lads. Come in and hold our hands...."

They walk in and those two frickin fruit cakes ( No Joke ) are sitting on the couch BUCK NAKED.  The interviewers are speechless...and then just go with it.  

At one pt, while Lennon is answering some lame Beatles trivia question, he leans over to grab a cigarette and sticks his buttocks in the interviewers face.  

USA today left shortly after that happened.  Nutty stuff.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by AnthonyMarston »
Ok, stop right there.........and I'll bring back the sun.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 12:53:03 AM »
Quote from: "AnthonyMarston"
Remember when USA Today went to John Lennon and Yoko Ono's London pad to do the historic interview?

They knock on the door - no answer.  Then they hear in a British voice, "Come in, lads. Come in and hold our hands...."

They walk in and those two frickin fruit cakes ( No Joke ) are sitting on the couch BUCK NAKED.  The interviewers are speechless...and then just go with it.  

At one pt, while Lennon is answering some lame Beatles trivia question, he leans over to grab a cigarette and sticks his buttocks in the interviewers face.  

USA today left shortly after that happened.  Nutty stuff.
Let it be
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by ViseGrip »
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:31:36 AM »
And that qualifies as a great moment in USA history??? John Lennon got flakier the longer he lived.

This was truly a great moment in USA history. I wonder what would happen if it were repeated today...

<a href='http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/apollo8_xmas.html' target='_blank'>http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/apollo8_xmas.html[/url]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Cougar1 »
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline AnthonyMarston

• DI
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 07:36:04 AM »
The USA landing on the moon probably trumps the whole Ono / Lennon deal, yes.

Another favorite of mine was the Dudley Moore / Susan Anton fling in the 1980's.....

Dudley Moore was great in the Arthur movies, but next to supermodel Anton, he looked ridiculous.  He looked like he should be sitting on her lap getting fed Gerber peas as opposed to being boyfriend and girlfriend.

Allegations when they broke up surfaced that Moore had been abusive and had slapped Anton around.  I thought about that, and thought, "HOW?".

Moore was 4' 11" and 115lbs - Anton 5' 11" and probably 135lbs - SHE HAD WEIGHT ON HIM!  Amazing she would admit he could take her.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by AnthonyMarston »
Ok, stop right there.........and I'll bring back the sun.