Author Topic: The Midlands  (Read 2603 times)

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
The Midlands
« on: December 16, 2016, 12:16:19 PM »
sounds a little like they gave Cael the middle finger.  said "no" to Mark Hall being an entrant because they are full.  I'm glad.  Cael has said he would never send his team to the Midlands and that he isn't a fan of the tournament.  you reap what you sow.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: The Midlands
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 02:30:38 PM »
I can't say I'm not disappointed that he won't be there as I would love to see him tangle with some folks but good for stornolio for sticking to principles....I suppose
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 02:32:12 PM »
oh and speaking of northwestern what is pariano up to? Okie that would be a good read

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 03:01:41 PM »
I can't say I'm not disappointed that he won't be there as I would love to see him tangle with some folks but good for stornolio for sticking to principles....I suppose

It wouldn't have been his call in all likelihood.  The "committee" would have final say.

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 05:38:23 PM »
Oh...I just remember a couple years ago when they were "full" and downey was at nebraska and one of our members contacted pariano and he said it was no problem for him to enter...he would be in.  Things change however.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 05:53:44 PM »
If Cael hadn't crapped all over the tournament maybe they would have accepted the kid

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 11:13:48 AM »
He's selling insurance.

and you're still a lying sack of crap.
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 06:27:46 PM »
Also would want to know why Cody was canned at OU and why Buxton was fired at Blair?
Cant speak for Buxton... but Cody got fired for lack of performance. The program just got worse and worse. Im not sure they improved anything though.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline goStanford18

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 09:56:59 PM »
Going to attempt to hijack this thread in order to bring it back into something about the actual tournament...

https://twitter.com/MidlandsChamps/status/811290203516190720

133 is LOADED. Doubtful that Clark will be competing (and if he does--he'll probably wrestle less than 3 matches for cautionary purposes), but Fausz, Forys, Goodwin, Gross, Hall, Montoya, and Richards should be there.

141 has Ashnault, Jack, Kolodzik, and Pletcher.

165 features a potential Martinez/Jordan matchup. These two wrestled here three years ago at 157 and Martinez came out on top.

184 is also STACKED: Brooks, Dechow, Downey, Dudley, Jackson, Gravina, Parker, and Martin.

Interesting that Ohio State is only sending Pletcher and Martin. Pletcher must be going to get in some RPI matches. Martin must want some brutal competition over the holidays. Would have liked to see Tomasello and Bo Jordan in here too since neither have too many matches under their belts this season.