Author Topic: Iowa v Penn State  (Read 1470 times)

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Iowa v Penn State
« on: January 20, 2017, 09:35:26 AM »
am I crazy to think that this is actually a better overall matchup for the Hawkeyes than Oklahoma State was?
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Thunderbird

• Schoolboy
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa v Penn State
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:48:59 AM »
am I crazy to think that this is actually a better overall matchup for the Hawkeyes than Oklahoma State was?

Maybe

125 Iowa
133 Iowa
141 Toss up but I think it goes PSU
149 PSU - Zain has MD him in the past and wouldn't be a major shock if he did it again.
157 PSU
165 PSU
174 Iowa I see this as a toss up but went with Iowa because of home mat advantage
184 PSU
197 PSU
Hwt. PSU - Wouldn't be a major shock if Stoll won.

18-9 PSU

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »
No way in hell Stoll beats Nevills.  Athlete vs.non-athlete.
Christians warned about the Antichrist for years. And when he came, they voted for him.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »
I don't think that Zain majors him.  I can see Sorensen shutting it down and trying to hold on if it's a 6 pt lead knowing what bonus could do.  this is one of those chances when the guys that usually get PSU all their bonus might not be able to do that.   157 might be the most fun at this dual. 
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 12:52:51 PM »
Tom and Terry will go out there and win 5 of the 10 matches all by themselves by pin or tech fall.  Penn St. is in big trouble.

mspart

Offline goStanford18

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 01:36:10 PM »
PSU is going to win, and it's going to be ugly

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 01:54:26 PM »
I don't think that Zain majors him.  I can see Sorensen shutting it down and trying to hold on if it's a 6 pt lead knowing what bonus could do.  this is one of those chances when the guys that usually get PSU all their bonus might not be able to do that.   157 might be the most fun at this dual.

Sorensen may be able to do that, but I don't see it from Kemerer and Brooks.  Brooks could keep it to a decision by scoring some himself, but that is the only way he stays within 8, IMO.  I think Nolf is going to have a field day with Kemerer, but I could be wrong.  Don't let Sunday's results fool you.  If Iowa wrestled Oklahoma State again right now, assuming Stoll is healthy, they could win.  I think they could wrestle Penn State 10 times and never get one.  I think they have a 5% chance at best.  Too many things have to go right.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 03:14:01 PM »
When was the last time Iowa got hammered in back to back duals ?

BTW does anyone know which weight class will kick off the dual?  I'm guessing the traditional 125, but who knows what Tommy has up his sleeve.  I could see it getting scheduled so it ends with either Suriano v Gilman, or Retherford v Soreson, Nolf v Kemmerer, Nickal v Brooks, or Nevills v Stoll

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 03:46:29 PM »
Unless he's changed his mind drastically in the last couple of years Tom would have every dual start at 125.
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.