Author Topic: Locking Hands  (Read 552 times)

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Locking Hands
« on: January 20, 2017, 08:34:11 pm »
JV Regional tournament so it's pretty relaxed and it's two C team refs with an A team ref who was out most of the year and getting back in his groove.

Anyway our kid is in the 3rd place match, at a JV tournament, so it isn't very pretty wrestling. Anyway the kid blatantly locks hands right in front of the refs face, no call.

After the match (and calling the other guy's power half as a full nelson) the ref comes over and explains to us that he saw the locking hands but he "let go before I could blow the whistle" so he decided not to call it. He later missed a blatant escape call so I guess it balanced out
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Locking Hands
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 09:37:06 am »
You can get pretty much anything at the JV level as far as officiating.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth - Albert Einstein, 1901

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 02:48:32 pm »
JV Regional tournament so it's pretty relaxed and it's two C team refs with an A team ref who was out most of the year and getting back in his groove.

Anyway our kid is in the 3rd place match, at a JV tournament, so it isn't very pretty wrestling. Anyway the kid blatantly locks hands right in front of the refs face, no call.

After the match (and calling the other guy's power half as a full nelson) the ref comes over and explains to us that he saw the locking hands but he "let go before I could blow the whistle" so he decided not to call it. He later missed a blatant escape call so I guess it balanced out

Is there a question?
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 06:44:57 pm »

Is there a question?

What do I say as a coach in that situation?
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 07:06:45 pm »

Is there a question?

What do I say as a coach in that situation?

Say whatever you want as long as it's courteous. Technically he should give you a misconduct call if you call him for a conference (even if you are friendly about it) but refs let that go a lot, especially at the JV level.

Just know that you'll probably never get him to change his call.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth - Albert Einstein, 1901