Author Topic: Burroughs & Taylor after World Cup  (Read 1147 times)

Offline leglace

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Burroughs & Taylor after World Cup
« on: February 17, 2017, 06:05:07 PM »
  This must be discussed.

Taylor just beat (2) gold medalist by fall. I am upset Yazadani didn't challenge Burroughs but now happy it didn't happen. Its shows that we have depth. And it shows Taylor kept with it and has arrived internationally big time. He is morphing into Cael in so many ways. If he shaved his beard and his head, they would be twins. Taylor is like Cael but with better scrambling. And he has no quit.

Burroughs seemed to conserve energy more than usual. He does not seem as agile and fast as he has in the past. Not only is Jordan being well scouted,  but you can only dominate for so long with athleticism. He is still very game and very technical,  but he lost a step. He seems mortal again. I have a tough time seeing him get "it"  back. That mojo he carried. He is still better than 98-99% of the competition,  but he can lose at any given moment.

So I have to wonder. Can Taylor beat out Cox or should he drop down again since Burroughs is mortal again. But then Dake has dropped as well. Its tough. Now that Taylor has the e mojo,  I could see him besting Burroughs. But as usual,  not sure he beats Dake. So many tough decisions.
When all else fails, do the opposite...

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Burroughs & Taylor after World Cup
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 08:10:32 PM »

So I have to wonder. Can Taylor beat out Cox or should he drop down again since Burroughs is mortal again. But then Dake has dropped as well. Its tough. Now that Taylor has the e mojo,  I could see him besting Burroughs. But as usual,  not sure he beats Dake. So many tough decisions.

Taylor vs Jordan & Dake

or

Taylor vs Cox.  Shorter road.

He's already proven he's a the top internationally at the weight and I think he's a lot stronger at the weight.

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
Re: Burroughs & Taylor after World Cup
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 12:29:50 PM »

Taylor vs Jordan & Dake

or

Taylor vs Cox.  Shorter road.

He's already proven he's a the top internationally at the weight and I think he's a lot stronger at the weight.
He looked like a larger and more powerful version of himself. In fact he doesn't look like a small 189 pounder, he looks big for the weight. I agree that he seems to have found a weight at which he can be successful.