Author Topic: State Tournament  (Read 453 times)

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
State Tournament
« on: February 15, 2017, 07:44:10 pm »
So Kentucky's state tournament is this weekend. We're taking 9 total after finishing second in our region to the #2 team in the state. I'm really proud of the kids considering we were missing three of our best wrestlers, a potential state placer was forced to quit by his parents and a potential state champ did something and his dad made him stay home. But our backups came to wrestle and two of those backups even qualified for state. Of the group we're taking we have a potential state finalist, and about three potential placers. Hopefully I can share good news after Saturday
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: State Tournament
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 01:47:26 am »
Update?  How did they do?

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: State Tournament
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 09:37:52 am »
We walked away with one medalist. The kid had a very good shot at the finals but he got choked unconscious and pinned in the quarterfinals. He ended up coming back and beating that kid in the 5th place match. He should be one of the state title threats next year. We finished in 28th place which is well below our goal but it could've been worse. We return all 9 of our state qualifiers and our 106 who would've placed if he wasn't a screw up who wasn't allowed to wrestle. Current goal we're discussing is qualifying all 14 weight classes next year
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature