Author Topic: Bizarre Locking Hands Scenario  (Read 710 times)

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Bizarre Locking Hands Scenario
« on: February 22, 2017, 07:14:22 am »
This was my guys match in the blood round, it's a call that went our way but was just so insane I still can't believe it happened. I'm telling people who ask that it's a once in a lifetime call.

Basically the match ends on a score of what we think to be 8-7 with my guy losing. But the ref immediately goes over to the table and checks the scorebook, and says he made a mistake. There were three stall calls in the match and he accidentally awarded one point instead of two for the third stall call so the score should be 8-8. Then he calls over the head supervising ref and discusses the fact that our guy also should've been given choice of position, they decide to put 15 seconds back on the clock and give my wrestler choice of position. My wrestler is a monster on bottom and we pick bottom, get an easy escape, and win. If it wasn't in the far corner of the arena I'd imagine more people would be discussing the call because it's just something you never see.

So I'm wondering on what the refs here think of that call. I just can't believe they put time back onto a clock myself.
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Locking Hands Scenario
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 10:25:27 am »
Three stall calls? The first one would be a warning for stalling, the next two would be one point each. Sounds like the ref screwed up to me.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 11:14:10 am »
Where is the "Bizarre Locking Hands Scenario"?

The choice of position only goes on a 2 point stall call. 
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 11:59:28 am »
Where is the "Bizarre Locking Hands Scenario"?

The choice of position only goes on a 2 point stall call.

I was thinking stalling and I wrote locking hands, my bad
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 12:01:28 pm »
Three stall calls? The first one would be a warning for stalling, the next two would be one point each. Sounds like the ref screwed up to me.

I checked the scorebook again, I meant three stall calls with points awarded. There was a quick warning in the first, a stall call in the second, and then two more in the third

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 01:20:59 pm »
And was the third stall call made when they were neutral? Or was your wrestler in control on the mat?
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline matref0

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 02:49:46 pm »
Positions really matter on the third stall call and choice of position.

If the wrestler called for stalling was the offensive wrestler on the mat, the match should have been stopped, points awarded and choice of position given to the defensive wrestler.  If that didn't happen then you have a bad time situation.

If the wrestler called for stalling was the defensive wrestler, offensive wrestler but standing or neutral, then the points but the match does not need to stop.  The choice of position would occur on the next restart.  This is not bad time unless there was a restart without the proper wrestler getting the choice.

If they were neutral, and the third stalling occurred, two points would be awarded without stopping.  If they went out of bounds choice should be awarded.  If they remained in bounds and the 3rd period expired, there would be not be a choice of position.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 04:56:13 pm »
Positions really matter on the third stall call and choice of position.

If the wrestler called for stalling was the offensive wrestler on the mat, the match should have been stopped, points awarded and choice of position given to the defensive wrestler.  If that didn't happen then you have a bad time situation.

If the wrestler called for stalling was the defensive wrestler, offensive wrestler but standing or neutral, then the points but the match does not need to stop.  The choice of position would occur on the next restart.  This is not bad time unless there was a restart without the proper wrestler getting the choice.

If they were neutral, and the third stalling occurred, two points would be awarded without stopping.  If they went out of bounds choice should be awarded.  If they remained in bounds and the 3rd period expired, there would be not be a choice of position.

That would explain some of the confusion, there was just such a large gap between the call itself and the bad time that I had never seen before

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 08:18:17 pm »
So insane.......this is any ref's worst nightmare. You never want Bad time on your watch.......I just hope it was rectified in the proper manner which is extremely tough when you have to back track so much.