Author Topic: Conference lineup reminder  (Read 487 times)

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Conference lineup reminder
« on: February 26, 2017, 09:28:20 pm »
JUST TO REMIND EVERYONE. YOU ONLY GET ONE SCORER PER WEIGHT FOR CONFERENCE TOURNAMENTS. SO, IF YOU HAVE A WRESTLER AT THE PAC 12S IN YOUR LINEUP THIS WEEKEND, THAT WEIGHT WOULD BE DEAD NEXT WEEKEND. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANY CONFUSION. THANK YOU.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline Jason_L._Jackson

• State Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Conference lineup reminder
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 09:42:16 pm »
I did not realize that and would not have started Williams over Moore at 197.  Can I remove Williams?
Law don't go around here, Lawdog.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 04:21:31 pm »
we have had the "no double dipping rule" for as long as I can remember.  in fact I can remember asking about it one year when I was working trades with herbp to build a team that would score enough conference week points to get a wildcard spot.   
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Jerry Callo

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 08:51:20 am »
Having been a plaintiffs lawyer in a former life, There is a certain irony that is not lost in having a judge plead ignorance and seek relief from the draconian effects of a rule.

Having said that - it is my understanding that the result is not going to mean much in this case.  According to Akin, Conference Week is the last week of the regular season so having to use the CSUB guy in the line up this week should not preclude JLJ from setting his NCAA line up any way he wants.  Given that JLJ is pretty much out of the running for the Regular Season Crown,  - this snafu will not likely change any result. 

Which reminds me of an old joke:

What is the difference between God and a Federal Judge?

God does not think he is a judge. 
Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 06:52:11 pm »
This was definitely not my understanding. Gage posted a thread asking about this and you said only the pac12s would be included in week 17. I think we let people back their lineups out here

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 08:07:32 pm »
That is correct. Only your PAC12 lineup would need to be posted. But that does not mean that you get to double dip the scoring for conference tournaments. Do they allow wrestlers to wrestle in two separate conference tournaments? We have always only allowed one entry per weight for conference scoring. If you started someone in the PAC12, that score carried forward and was figured into your overall conference scoring. That has not changed.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 10:00:06 pm »
it has been this way for as long as we have had this league. otherwise everyone would carry a bunch of Pac12 guys

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 02:59:02 pm »
it has been this way for as long as we have had this league. otherwise everyone would carry a bunch of Pac12 guys

Yes, except we completely changed the rules for this year, and Gage asked this question in a thread to which Akin gave an answer which seemed to indicate that the scoring would be separate between the two weeks.  I don't disagree in a vacuum that we should have one combined lineup for conferences, but that's not how things were presented this year, as evidenced by the multiple people in this thread who were confused.

I vote that we either allow both weeks to count, or we allow people to take back people they wouldn't have started for Pac-12 week had they known they'd be excluded from starting their main guy.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 03:01:41 pm »
I mean hell, I started McFadden at 165 in the off-chance he showed up to the NCO.  Do I just not get a 165 pounder now because the rules were unclear?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 11:31:48 pm »
I mean hell, I started McFadden at 165 in the off-chance he showed up to the NCO.  Do I just not get a 165 pounder now because the rules were unclear?

Are the NCOs a conference tournament? No. You only get one entry per weight for conference tournament scoring. If we did it differently, why wouldn't everyone just have 5 PAC12 wrestlers to get 5 more scorers for conference scoring?

IF YOU SUBMITTED A WRESTLER IN THE PAC 12 TOURNAMENT, HE WILL BE YOUR OFFICIAL SCORING WRESTLER FOR CONFERENCE SCORING. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 08:44:33 am »
this is so much less complicated than people are acting