Author Topic: D1 Allocation problems  (Read 2482 times)

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
Re: D1 Allocation problems
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 12:48:12 PM »
JB, you are implying that the Gophers do not know that Short's record is wrong. 
Hope springs eternal.

Offline Gimp

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 10:23:57 PM »
Forgot one line:

11/03/2013 Warren Williamson Daktronics Open 165 Varsity - Zach Toal (Missouri) over Jake Short (Minnesota) (MD 11-3)

Not sure where you're getting that stuff from-
Go to the tournament on Track- the 165 results are for Jesse Punchochar (Minnesota State University-Moorhead)

Open 165 - Jesse Punchochar's place is unknown and has scored 6.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Jesse Punchochar (Minnesota State University-Moorhead) won by fall over Carter Bolesta (Minot State University) (Fall 4:43)
Champ. Round 2 - Zach Toal (Missouri) won by major decision over Jesse Punchochar (Minnesota State University-Moorhead) (Maj 11-3)
Cons. Round 2 - Jesse Punchochar (Minnesota State University-Moorhead) won by decision over Kyle Begn (SMSU) (Dec 10-4)
Cons. Round 3 - Jesse Punchochar (Minnesota State University-Moorhead) won by fall over Travis Kephart (Midland) (Fall 1:43)
Cons. Round 4 - Sterling Terry (Midland) won by fall over Jesse Punchochar (Minnesota State University-Moorhead) (Fall 3:50)

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 10:10:37 AM »
Forgot one line:

11/03/2013 Warren Williamson Daktronics Open 165 Varsity - Zach Toal (Missouri) over Jake Short (Minnesota) (MD 11-3)

Go to the tournament on Track- the 165 results are for Jesse Punchochar (Minnesota State University-Moorhead)

Champ. Round 1 - Jesse Punchochar (Minnesota State University-Moorhead) won by fall over Carter Bolesta (Minot State University) (Fall 4:43)
Champ. Round 2 - Zach Toal (Missouri) won by major decision over Jesse Punchochar (Minnesota State University-Moorhead) (Maj 11-3)
Cons. Round 2 - Jesse Punchochar (Minnesota State University-Moorhead) won by decision over Kyle Begn (SMSU) (Dec 10-4)
Cons. Round 3 - Jesse Punchochar (Minnesota State University-Moorhead) won by fall over Travis Kephart (Midland) (Fall 1:43)
Cons. Round 4 - Sterling Terry (Midland) won by fall over Jesse Punchochar (Minnesota State University-Moorhead) (Fall 3:50)

If you go to Jake Short's matches in the 2013-14 season, they still show each of Jesse Punchochar's matches from the Daktronics Open with Short's name instead of Punchochar's.  That said, if you go to Toal's matches, the problem has been fixed as he shows a win over Punchochar.  My guess is that the coaches didn't review Short's results closely as he was a redshirt.  It appears those matches that affected the qualifying process were corrected, though I wonder if, for RPI purposes, Short's record was incorrect.  It still would have been included in the calculation for wrestlers like Jake Sueflohn who did wrestle short.  If matches at a different weight don't count, I've been trying to get that question answered, then it is a moot point.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 10:15:24 AM »
Track Wrestling---browse---seasons---more seasons---2013 2014 season---Governing Body NCAA---wrestlers---search---Jake Short

Hope springs eternal.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 10:37:46 AM »
so what about 2016-2017

Who cares about 2013? So much has changed with the schools doing better with tracking
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Gimp

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 10:50:40 AM »
Forgot one line:

If you go to Jake Short's matches in the 2013-14 season, they still show each of Jesse Punchochar's matches from the Daktronics Open with Short's name instead of Punchochar's.  That said, if you go to Toal's matches, the problem has been fixed as he shows a win over Punchochar.  My guess is that the coaches didn't review Short's results closely as he was a redshirt.  It appears those matches that affected the qualifying process were corrected, though I wonder if, for RPI purposes, Short's record was incorrect.  It still would have been included in the calculation for wrestlers like Jake Sueflohn who did wrestle short.  If matches at a different weight don't count, I've been trying to get that question answered, then it is a moot point.

I didn't phrase what I said well, I was more wondering how the database could show it correctly in the event and not for the kid. But I'm now thinking even this time frame may be before Track was also the OPC. I did a little work for the NWCA back then answering questions online among other things, and as I recall they were in the process of making Track the OPC but they had to sync data between the two databases so I guess it is possible for them to be different.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 01:30:30 PM »
JB, you are implying that the Gophers do not know that Short's record is wrong.

Are you implying you are above reaching out to them and asking them?
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 11:15:57 PM »
Sueflohn was the no 6 seed at the tournament.  I doubt any error in Short's record had a lick of impact on his seed.