Author Topic: Boise State  (Read 2060 times)

Offline retired

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Boise State
« on: April 19, 2017, 06:19:35 am »
Another one bites the dust.  Nothing in the West / South / Southeast / .  Wrestling is now gymnastics.
If every black male 18-35 applied for a conceal & carry permit, and then joined the NRA in one day; there would be gun control laws in a second.

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Boise State
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 06:41:20 am »
It's obviously too late to do anything but any AD who thinks that adding college baseball is a money maker is not a very intelligent AD
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline retired

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 06:49:57 am »
Lucky if they drew 20 fans to a dual.  Who couldn't see this coming?
If every black male 18-35 applied for a conceal & carry permit, and then joined the NRA in one day; there would be gun control laws in a second.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 07:03:26 am »
We need to start finding room for growth. I'm trying to build support in Kentucky for building a stable of good assistant coaches who could be head coaches and schools without programs that would be willing to talk about adding wrestling. Then it's just a couple of arm twists and some luck with money to at least creating one more program then we would've had.

You set up a whole non-profit for this sort of thing at the college level that can throw money around and call me naively optimistic but I think something could happen

Sitting with our arms crossed and grumbling about Title IX won't get us anywhere
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 07:52:28 am »
The product put on the mat is boring to most people.  Nothing has been done to get stalling called correctly.  Can we have another Nickerson/Donohue match anytime soon?
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 10:51:21 am »
Boise has been awful for that last 5 or 6 years.  They are also in a conference that doesn't have wrestling, but does have baseball. Not a surprise
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 11:49:05 am »
Yeah my brother lives there and just told me via text.  Horrible news.  But they have been horrible as Bryce says for the past few years.  Bad decision.   Very sad!

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 09:11:24 pm »
The recruits that signed last week and last November are the ones that got screwed.  Sure they can go elsewhere without restriction, but there wont be any money around until next season except for a freak circumstance.

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 02:00:24 am »

I know this is hyperbole, but this is a good point.

If this had happened five years ago, the comments within the online articles would have been filled with "Blame Title IX."

However, I believe college sports fans are more savvy today. They understand that college sports is about money, not opportunity.  They cut programs that don't bring in money, or siphon too much money from the "moneymakers" of football and basketball (quotes on purpose).

Bring in money into the coffers, and your program will be spared.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 07:12:08 am »

If this had happened five years ago, the comments within the online articles would have been filled with "Blame Title IX."

However, I believe college sports fans are more savvy today. They understand that college sports is about money, not opportunity.  They cut programs that don't bring in money, or siphon too much money from the "moneymakers" of football and basketball (quotes on purpose).

I'm still seeing a lot of "blame Title IX" but they're from people who strike me as somewhat casual followers that don't understand the real issues at play here

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 08:21:51 am »
Being reconsidered due to student outrage and major football doner's objections.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 08:34:09 am »
Being reconsidered due to student outrage and major football doner's objections.
BSU's response to that reporting: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 11:44:11 am »

I understand your point but to replace cheap wrestling with more expensive baseball that will bring in the same or less does not make any sense based on what you are saying.  I think this has more to do with an AD and President who don't care much for wrestling.   Very sad.

mspart

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 11:54:19 am »
they are in the Mountain West.

the Mountain West does not have wrestling

the Mountain West has baseball.

Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline mspart