Author Topic: Augusta National  (Read 340 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Augusta National
« on: May 24, 2017, 07:23:32 am »
For the duffers out there, a few links to interesting information about the the course and the Masters tournament.  You've probably heard about the no cellphone, no camera rules, but there a lot of other interesting info if you have the time to waste reading.

http://www.businessinsider.com/things-you-never-knew-about-the-masters-2017-4/#food-prices-are-ridiculously-low-1

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/golf/10-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-the-us-masters-20170404-gvdvbc.html

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/masters-2015-18-things-you-didnt-know-about-augusta-national-and-masters-tournament

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Augusta National
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 03:08:52 pm »
I see what you did there.  Using the word links and talking about golf.   Ha Ha!!!

mspart

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 12:27:37 am »
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 06:57:22 pm »
As long as we are talking golf.

PEEING ON THE FLOWERS

A little old lady was walking down the street dragging two large plastic garbage bags behind her. One of the bags was ripped and every once in a while a $20 fell out onto the sidewalk.

Noticing this, a policeman stopped her, and said, "Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling out of that bag."

"Oh, really? Darn it!" said the little old lady. "I'd better go back and see if I can find them. Thanks for telling me, officer.

"Well, now, not so fast," said the cop. Where did you get all that money? You didn't steal it, did you?"

"Oh, no, no", said the old lady. "You see, my back yard is right next to a Golf course.

A lot of Golfers come and pee through a knot hole in my fence, right into my flower garden. It used to really tick me off. Kills the flowers, you know. Then I thought, why not make the best of it?"

"So, now, I stand behind the fence by the knot hole, real quiet, with my hedge clippers. Every time some guy sticks his thing through my fence, I surprise him, grab hold of it and say, O.K., buddy! Give me $20, or off it comes."

"Well, that seems only fair," said the cop, laughing.

"OK. Good luck!"

"Oh, by the way, what's in the other bag?"

“Not everybody pays."

Offline retired

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 08:28:36 am »
2/10...contrived.
If every black male 18-35 applied for a conceal & carry permit, and then joined the NRA in one day; there would be gun control laws in a second.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 02:40:36 pm »
They have enough play from the top tier players to create a broad range data over virtually every weather condition.  Add to that all of the data about green speed and height they collect outside of the tournament and they will be able to manipulate score just through pin placement.

If you don't believe it just look at the hole in one record for the 16th on tournament Sunday.when the place the cup at the bottom of a drain.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 04:44:34 pm »
Looks like Tiger got his swagger back.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 08:16:31 pm »
Not quite the swagger he wanted back. 

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile