Author Topic: EPIC!  (Read 291 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
EPIC!
« on: June 06, 2017, 10:04:53 am »
Women's College World Series Finals... Best of 3.... First game. #1 Florida vs #10 (and Defending Champion) Oklahoma.

17 Innings..... Longest game in WCWS history....

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211617714
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: EPIC!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:33:51 am »
I went to bed after the 15th inning.  I thought the Florida pitcher looked more tired than the Oklahoma pitcher and am glad I didn't stay up to watch the final home run.  I wonder how well the pitchers will hold up tonight.

By the way, I noticed that both teams had similar records and couldn't understand how the Sooners were only the 10 seed.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 11:11:03 am »
I went to bed after the 15th inning.

So you got to see OU load the bases and fail to score in the top of the 15th. But you missed seeing them load the bases and fail to score in the top of the 16th. You did see the bottom of the 7th and 12th when Florida was trailing and down to their last strike and tied the game.

I thought it was pretty exciting for a 17-inning game.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 11:56:26 am »
That's almost 2 games for the price of one!!

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 02:10:55 pm »
Florida's pitchers were just BRUTAL!

Gotta give it to the Gators... several times OU had them beat, twice with 2 outs and 2 strike leads only to give up tying runs and twice loading the bases and getting no runs.

Interesting to note that the Gator Coach was a member of OU's last National Championship baseball team and started his coaching career as OU asst softball coach.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 02:12:08 pm »

mspart
Softball only plays 7 innings...so it was over two and a half games for one.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 02:13:14 pm »
I went to bed after the 15th inning.  I thought the Florida pitcher looked more tired than the Oklahoma pitcher and am glad I didn't stay up to watch the final home run.  I wonder how well the pitchers will hold up tonight.

By the way, I noticed that both teams had similar records and couldn't understand how the Sooners were only the 10 seed.

Similar records... but SEC decidedly tougher than the Big XII

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 04:29:13 pm »

mspart
Softball only plays 7 innings...so it was over two and a half games for one.

Ah dang!   I thought I'd made a funny!!

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 10:58:42 pm »
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.... back to back!

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 10:28:03 am »
Congrats. 

I wondered what the pitching would look like after both teams used their top two pitchers on Monday.  Lots of runs early, until they brought their aces back.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 10:47:04 am »
Congrats. 

I wondered what the pitching would look like after both teams used their top two pitchers on Monday.  Lots of runs early, until they brought their aces back.

What did you think of Walton's decision to start Ocasio?

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 02:25:04 pm »
Congrats. 

What did you think of Walton's decision to start Ocasio?

I don't know.  I haven't watched any games until the super regionals, so I don't know who is who.

Oklahoma may have the better team, but Florida has the more attractive players!   :)