Author Topic: Stoops resigns!  (Read 802 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Stoops resigns!
« on: June 07, 2017, 03:48:02 pm »
Its being reported here on the radio that Bob Stoops is resigning. Asst. Lincoln Riley will be named Head Coach (not interim head coach.

Details later.

"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Stoops resigns!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 04:05:17 pm »
meet your new dean of the ncaa football...Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Online RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 07:56:07 pm »
5 of his 8 recruits committed for 2018 are from outside Oklahoma.  3 are from Texas.  4 from out of state are 4**** at Rivals.  Not saying they'll decommit immediately, but they'll be re-opening those visits to other campus.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 08:07:46 pm »
That remains to be seen. I expect most of the staff to remain. Riley is more personable than Stoops so it may even open up some doors. The important thing to note here is that the dreaded term "interim" was not attached to his hiring.

Online RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 09:15:05 pm »
If Stoops wanted out and wanted Riley to get the job, there is probably no better time than now to walk away and minimize recruiting damage.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 11:35:48 pm »
If Stoops wanted out and wanted Riley to get the job, there is probably no better time than now to walk away and minimize recruiting damage.
In the news conference he said that he made the decision in the last 10 days.

Online RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 07:06:48 am »
Bears head coach Fox is in the doghouse.  Anytime a GM drafts a No. 1 without consulting the head coach, you know his tenure is short. Stoops is now free to pursue a pro position.  The sun, the moon and the stars are starting to align.

Besides, word has it that Stoops owns not one but two homes in the Chicago area.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 11:49:32 am »
Bears head coach Fox is in the doghouse.  Anytime a GM drafts a No. 1 without consulting the head coach, you know his tenure is short. Stoops is now free to pursue a pro position.  The sun, the moon and the stars are starting to align.

Besides, word has it that Stoops owns not one but two homes in the Chicago area.

Yes he does. But he bought those houses way before he ever decided to retire.  And do Da Bears want to buy out that contract?

My guess is that Bob will take at least one year off.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 02:42:47 pm »
Who is Stoops and why should I care?

mspart

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 03:57:35 pm »

This is how you will get Vise to accuse you of sacrilege.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 05:19:46 pm »
I see two old farts tryng to poke the bear with a stick.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 05:59:03 pm »
I figured!!!    Ara Parsegian I know of. 

mspart

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 08:00:43 pm »

mspart

He is a former University of Florida assistant football coach who left the university to become the head coach of some team out in the dust bowl.   :D

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 09:58:11 pm »
I seem to be hearing some college football tradition envy.