Author Topic: Dunkirk the movie  (Read 305 times)

Offline retired

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Dunkirk the movie
« on: July 25, 2017, 09:00:48 am »
Quite the mess.  5/10, wouldn't mind a refund.
If every black male 18-35 applied for a conceal & carry permit, and then joined the NRA in one day; there would be gun control laws in a second.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Dunkirk the movie
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 10:18:18 am »
Looked promising....Dunkirk was a messy subject to work with.  Saved me $40 or more.

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 01:37:50 pm »
The critics loved it - which doesn't necessarily mean a damned thing.

I can wait for the DVD to come out, or even for it to show up on cable.

Offline retired

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 02:17:37 pm »
I made the mistake of seeing it in an IMAX theater.  The decibel level was set at 10x an earthquake so i'm still not right in the head. 
If every black male 18-35 applied for a conceal & carry permit, and then joined the NRA in one day; there would be gun control laws in a second.

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 07:18:34 pm »
And the local critics recommended seeing it in IMAX.

I'm enough of a crusty old fart that I prefer watching movies at home.  I have a nice TV and surround system, can pause the movie anytime I need a break, can adjust the volume to my preferences, and I don't have to worry about screaming kids or someone talking through the whole movie (except my wife).  My sofa is also a lot more comfortable than the theatre seats.  Plus, I don't have to worry about traffic or someone dinging my car door.  Not to mention, I don't have to worry about getting shot, which happened about 25 miles from here when a retired cop got in a confrontation with someone who was talking on his cell phone BEFORE the movie started.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 09:02:38 pm »
And the local critics recommended seeing it in IMAX.

I'm enough of a crusty old fart that I prefer watching movies at home.  I have a nice TV and surround system, can pause the movie anytime I need a break, can adjust the volume to my preferences, and I don't have to worry about screaming kids or someone talking through the whole movie (except my wife).  My sofa is also a lot more comfortable than the theatre seats.  Plus, I don't have to worry about traffic or someone dinging my car door.  Not to mention, I don't have to worry about getting shot, which happened about 25 miles from here when a retired cop got in a confrontation with someone who was talking on his cell phone BEFORE the movie started.

.....and all the popcorn you can eat without waiting on line to pay $8

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 01:29:32 pm »
Loved Mark Rylance's performance.  Would not surprise me at all if he gets the Best Supporting Actor.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 06:01:23 pm »
I made the mistake of seeing it in an IMAX theater.  The decibel level was set at 10x an earthquake so i'm still not right in the head.

There's an opportunity there that is difficult to pass up Buck.  But I will. 

mspart