Author Topic: I Spiderman ok?  (Read 152 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
I Spiderman ok?
« on: August 09, 2017, 06:43:31 pm »
I'm going to see it today.  Just wondering if it is any good. 

mspart

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: I Spiderman ok?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 06:37:49 am »
So was it?
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 10:51:58 am »
Not great.  But it was pretty good.  I won't ruin it, suffice to say during the movie, Spidey has a lot to learn about how to be a superhero.  I like the new Spidey in the way he talks and acts, but I liked the first spider man movie better.  This new kid is very excitable and says off the cuff weird stuff and one liners like the comics did.  Aunt May is not the May of the comics by any stretch.  The first movie pegged her well.  The overshadowing of the Stark did not make this movie any better, I think that is why I liked the old one better even though I hated what's his bucket as Spiderman.  If this kid could have done it, it would have been awesome. 

Overall it was good.  If you like Spidey, I'd recommend it.

mspart

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 01:27:21 pm »
I liked that they finally showed that his webs don't always hit something for him to swing to. There were a couple of times he had to run because there were no tall buildings around.

I also liked that the teenage characters were not played by 35 year olds.

I liked what they did with turning Flash from the cliche "Dumb jock turned bully" to a more modern "bully" of the 21st century.

It's the closest to what John Hughes would create if he could have directed a superhero movie.