Author Topic: Leach doing well at WSU  (Read 863 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Leach doing well at WSU
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 02:33:25 pm »
The AD at Tenn made a fool of himself.
1. Hires Schiano
2. The students and alums revolt. They (falsely in my opinion) claim they are outraged by the fact that Schiano was at PSU when the Sandusky thing went down (more likely they wanted a coach with better credentials... from the south)
3. The AD revokes the hire (was there a signed contract?) saying that he did not know that Schiano was ever at PSU.

So he makes a terrible hire then compounds the screw up by admitting he didn't do his due diligence.

They need a new AD more than a new coach.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Online RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 09:41:43 pm »

3. The AD revokes the hire (was there a signed contract?)

Memorandum of Understanding. It doesn't carry the enforcaility of a signed contract.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 02:39:43 pm »

3. The AD revokes the hire (was there a signed contract?)

Memorandum of Understanding. It doesn't carry the enforcaility of a signed contract.

He was replaces anyway.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 06:28:38 pm »
Looks like Leach is staying put.  For now.   With his old AD at WSU, he had a lot of freedom to do what he wanted.  It appears not to be that way at TENN.  We'll see what the new AD at WSU is like.  I think that will be a big factor on if he stays a few more years or not.

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 12:42:24 pm »
He's too controversial for big time programs. Plus, he sucks on the defensive side of the ball.

But I DO like him. He's a breath of fresh air when it comes to the predictable blather of most coaches.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 12:46:39 pm »
Plus he gets it done.

mspart

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2017, 11:50:33 am »
Plus it looks like he gets a 5 year  $20 million deal.    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu-cougar-football/wsu-and-football-coach-mike-leach-reportedly-on-the-brink-of-a-contract-extension-agreement/

Not too bad.  That's big bucks, I'd really consider living in Pullman for that. 

mspart

Online RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2017, 07:35:30 pm »
The Tennessee fiasco could cost him recruits thinking he'll bug out the first chance he gets.  We'll see how many commits actually sign on tomorrow.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 03:21:05 pm »
The Paper says he has the 5th best recruiting class in the Pac 12 and 39th nationally.  Not too bad for the little team from Pullman.

mspart

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2017, 03:21:55 pm »
Some of you might be wondering, where the heck is Pullman.  Well, it is about 8 miles away from Moscow, Idaho, home of U of I. 

mspart

Offline LILHOWDOG

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2017, 08:56:05 pm »
Some of you might be wondering, where the heck is Pullman.  Well, it is about 8 miles away from Moscow, Idaho, home of U of I. 

mspart

How far from this Eastern Washington landmark?

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2017, 11:21:24 am »
That state park is about 83 miles west of Pullman.

2018 recruiting class seems pretty good.  https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu-cougar-football/analysis-10-things-to-know-about-the-wsu-cougars-2018-recruiting-class/

mspart

Online RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2017, 05:32:53 pm »
Only 1 last minute decommit.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 10:25:54 am »
The Paper says he has the 5th best recruiting class in the Pac 12 and 39th nationally.  Not too bad for the little team from Pullman.

mspart
Thats hardly worth bragging about.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 07:14:21 pm »

mspart
Thats hardly worth bragging about.

Not bad from Pullman.

mspart