Author Topic: Grappling Shorts (and the Grinch vs Santa Claus)  (Read 308 times)

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
Grappling Shorts (and the Grinch vs Santa Claus)
« on: December 21, 2017, 10:10:20 AM »
My gf's son (he's in 2nd grade) has started doing a little youth wrestling through his school.  Last night, the coach (who is also the varsity HS coach) invited the kids to take on the Grinch in sumo and then stick around to watch the varsity match.  The Grinch beat all the kids, then Santa made a "surprise" appearance, the HS officer who was "called in" when the Grinch started getting rowdy pulled off his shirt to reveal a referee shirt underneath, and Santa proceeded to toss the Grinch to his back for a fall.  It was a pretty cool idea that got the little ones' attention and was enjoyed by the big ones as well (with wrestlers from the opposing team shouting instruction to Santa - like "inside control!").

Anyway, the reason for this post is that one team wore singlets while the other wore under armour style shirts with grappling shorts (except a couple kids who wore singlets but appeared to be JV guys filling spots).  Is this becoming more common (the shorts and under armour tee)?  My gf's son said he preferred the shorts and tee, but I have to say I was not a fan of that look ... it doesn't look like a 'uniform'; it looks like they're in practice gear.
There's always Bulgaria.