Author Topic: Blair Ride  (Read 363 times)

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Blair Ride
« on: December 27, 2017, 05:34:10 PM »
So we’re up at a tournament in Ohio and I’m used to weird calls getting thrown our way because we’re an out of state team that’s pretty solid.

But this is a call I’ve been seen getting thrown on everyone and it’s pissing a lot of coaches off. If you don’t know Blair Academy runs a ride where they take the wrist and trap it against the ribs then they put pressure forward with their hips. Kellen Russell used to hit it a lot but every Blair kid will hit it once in awhile. Anyway refs here keep calling it a technical violation and awarding points.

I’ve heard two separate explanations so far once it was “the exact same thing as taking his arm too high up on his back” and another time it was “they’re bending the wrist in like a key lock” which quite frankly doesn’t  describe any situation involving a Blair Ride especially the latter explanation which is basically physically impossible on a properly executed Blair Ride

I just want someone to justify why this move is suddenly a technical violation with an actual consistent explanation why
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Blair Ride
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 08:34:25 PM »
Got video of the technique?
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 12:41:56 AM »

Offline matref0

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 02:42:52 AM »
I'll look at the video but it would not be a technical violation.  It would be be either legal or illegal (I'm a stickler for proper terminology; can't be put on recovery time clock for a technical violation as an example).  A quick glance of it doesn't look like a key lock though.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 10:54:31 PM »
Definitely not a key lock. It always gets my radar going when someone talks about wanting to hide a technique. If there aren't any issues with it, why would you need to hide it?
If you want respect, be respectful.