Author Topic: Nolf leaves match  (Read 1660 times)

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Nolf leaves match
« on: January 28, 2018, 06:15:46 PM »
With an apparent knee injury. Hope it isn't serious, but this could be a boon for OSU
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Nolf leaves match
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 08:49:07 PM »
I was about 10 feet from the scramble. There was really nothing unusual about it.. The bout had a lot of scrambling, counters that grabbed the others ankle and legs.Both had the others foot.  Ref calls a stalemate and Nolf just lays there then sits up and reaches for his knee.  At no time during the scramble did yelp, scream, holler or otherwise indicate pain.  He didn't ask for an injury stoppage.  I was sitting off of Nolf's shoulder so I didn't see the torque on the knee. Nolf gave no indication of pain. When Van Brill released the leg, Nolf slowly reached for it. Eevn when he got up it didn't look like he was in pain just no movement in the knee joint which occurs with strains.  He must have a high threshold of pain. Hopefully there is no ligament damage and its just a strain.

I might add the Van Brill wasn't intentionally twisting on the leg, he was just hanging on to prevent control.

The Penn State was bench was all over the ref during the break and he dinged them a sportsmanship point. Maybe BTN has a better look but their camera was left of me and the knee was probably blocked by the bodies so it may not be on tape,

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 09:38:47 PM »
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 11:36:23 PM »
Thigh ankle foot were pretty much in line until Nolf started climbing over the top.  Then it appears the climbing torqued the femur.  Hopefully, nothing more than like cracking your knuckles.

Offline goStanford18

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 11:57:06 PM »
Looks like something slightly below Nolf's knee cap moved out of place. Hope the champ can recover by March.

Online Jerry Callo

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 07:49:20 AM »
It was hard to tell what caused the injury, but he could not put any weight on it and once he got off the mat they had to carry him.  Looks bad from what I saw - hope he can come back but I would not be surprised if he tore something.
Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 11:10:23 AM »
The look on his face from that video says he knew something bad happened.   Hopefully not.

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 03:14:26 PM »
We're all over the map on this one, but I would be some credence in Mr. Funk's opinion.

a

Knowing the position my guess is badly sprained LCL or Meniscus.

Yes likely his LCL.  This has happened to me 5 or 6 times.  Many varying degrees of this injury.  Sometimes only a couple days off sometimes 3 months

Whatever it is, the only word you'll get out of Penn State is..."He's done for the year."  I am sure Nolf will tweet something.  If he's done.

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 03:23:33 PM »
This was posted by mikesteppe2010 in bwi.
I posted this earlier today in the dual thread... https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/psu-rutgers-dual-thread.199444/page-10#post-3280546

"
I'm also worried about the PCL for the reasons you mentioned. A PCL injury most often occurs when a force is applied to the anterior aspect of the proximal tibia when the knee is flexed. Hyperextension and rotational or varus/valgus stress mechanisms also may be responsible for PCL tears. The most common way a PCL tear occurs outside of sports is in a car accident when your knee/shin hits the dashboard.

Here, Nolf's knee was flexed, force was being applied to the tibia via the hold on the ankle, and Nolf was forcing his femur forward over the flexed tibia. There was also rotational force being applied via the knee being crossed in front of Nolf's body and the opposing forces of Nolf trying to get up and his opponent holding the shin/ankle against himself.

Another concerning aspect for a PCL injury is that when Nolf is pulling back after the stoppage, it looks like his lower leg is sagging back compared to his femur, which would mean the PCL has torn, allowing the lower leg to move backwards. It also looked like a posterior drawer sign test was being performed by the trainer/doc (bend the knee, push back on the shin and see if there is laxity.. as opposed to the anterior drawer sign for an ACL where they bend the knee and pull forward on the shin to see if there is laxity in that direction).

Finally, there was a post on twitter last night from some woman named Lu Ann Dalessio (https://twitter.com/LuAnnDalessio) saying that Nolf possibly tore his PCL and has a doctor's appointment at 8am this morning. She has since deleted the tweet

However, if you look at her profile, her last tweet was in 3/2017 and also about Nolf. She follows 5 accounts, 4 of those are B1Gwrestling, Flowrestling, Penn State Wrestling, and Samantha Nolf. I did some googling for a Lu Ann Dalessio and a woman by that name works on the Indiana County Municipal Services Authority.. a half hour drive from Nolf's hometown of Yatesboro. (https://www.prwa.com/people/icmsaluann)

Here is a screen grab of the tweet preview from a text message i sent last night when the tweet was still up.

If it's a PCL, theres no way he's wrestling this year, IMO.

If you guys really want to know the answer, everyone needs to start tweeting at @ProFootballDoc with links to the video (you can use this Christian Pyles tweet

Oh No. #Nolf pic.twitter.com/czvzXDT0CI

— Christian Pyles (@CPyles8) January 28, 2018for a link to the video)

It would also be helpful to send videos of the trainer examining Nolf and Nolf trying to walk.

We already have the opinion of a Duke Professor/Orthopedic Surgeon in Dr. Selene Parekh, but he only saw the initial video that CP tweeted, and not the exam, etc.

One other thing that points to the patella is that you can see the trainer feeling the right patella and comparing it to the left when he examines Nolf. However, I'm worried that if it is the patella, its a torn patellar tendon, not a dislocated patella. In my opinion you can pretty clearly see the trainer say to Cael 2x "it's torn" after Nolf stands up. In addition, it looks like Cody says "it's torn" when Nolf is still on the ground being examined.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 03:25:49 PM »
Is Joe Smith reconsidering his RS? Will IMar reconsider 157?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 03:54:19 PM »
Just the look on Nolf's face told me something happened that could be serious.

mspart

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 04:09:03 PM »
Is Joe Smith reconsidering his RS? Will IMar reconsider 157?

Here is what is crazy about this whole situation.  Suddenly one of the two or three sure guys I have for repeat champs for PSU could be gone.

Zain - fine
Nolf - um???
Joseph - I think Imar gets him senior year in the finals.  that brain fart body lock was just so out of left field for him to mess up.  it was like watching the Miller match in the semis all over again.
Hall - Zahid
Nickal - he is the wildcard this weight is just weird

it is conceivable that Penn State goes from 5 champs to 1 or 2 even though they all came back.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 04:24:13 PM »
Just the look on Nolf's face told me something happened that could be serious.

mspart

Heck, you should see my face getting out of bed in the morning when I've with a slightly bent leg.  I have to let it dangle and straighten out before the pain goes away.  Give him a week and couple of Advil and he'll ready to tussle.  ::)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 04:26:17 PM »
Well, if he can be back in a few weeks, that would be good.  You hate to see anyone get hurt for sure. 

mspart

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 04:52:11 PM »
or they pull a "Suriano" again and then he transfers