Author Topic: Nolf leaves match  (Read 1164 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Nolf leaves match
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 05:18:11 PM »
Penn State couldn't be thinner at 149/157.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 07:04:16 PM »
Cael Sanderson on the Coaches Show with Jeff Byers tonight said that Jason Nolf doesn't need surgery.   He  expects Nolf back and strong for the post-season.  Won't be pulling any shirts.  A couple of backup 49s walk around at 57 and whichever looks better this week gets slot for Saturday.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 07:11:17 PM »
Hopefully he is not being overly optimistic.

mspart

Offline Jerry Callo

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 07:42:21 PM »
Am I mistaken because I thought I read somewhere that Nolf would have an MRI tomorrow?  Did they already have it, or is Cael just that good that he can diagnose knee injuries without the benefit of an MRI?

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 08:06:37 PM »

they were saying that last night.

http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=565158

Pops up through the screen on the left. Look for the Nittany Lion logo for Penn State Coaches Show in the top left box, if not there look for the menu bar across the top of the events and click On Demand  30 secs of adds before the intro

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 12:33:09 PM »
Am I mistaken because I thought I read somewhere that Nolf would have an MRI tomorrow?  Did they already have it, or is Cael just that good that he can diagnose knee injuries without the benefit of an MRI?

Per Sanderson the MRI and x-ray were Monday AM

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 02:33:56 PM »
https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Article/Penn-State-wrestling-gets-great-news-on-the-injury-front-114382528

Here is what Sanderson had to say:

“He got in and got an MRI and X-ray and all that good stuff. We knew there was something there, obviously. Jason’s a tough kid.

“Really, it’s not as bad as we feared, but it’s gonna be some time before we get him back in — just to play it safe and try to get him back as close to 100 percent as we can before the postseason. So we probably won’t even try to put him in a dual meet. We’ll just try to get him ready for the postseason.

“It will be week to week, and Jason just seems to recover and get back on his feet with minor injuries. This one is not quite as minor but it’s not anything where he would need surgery or anything. It’s just a matter of time.”

So that looks like good news for Nolf.   Lots of rehab and more rehab and strengthening and more rehab.  He will have his work cut out for him. 

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 04:34:13 PM »
,,,,and no more leg scrambles, just take the stalemate.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2018, 04:59:55 PM »
Correctomundo!!!

mspart

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 03:49:00 PM »
Minnesota said the same thing about Dustin Schlatter too.  We know how that turned out.  We will see.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 11:17:11 AM »
“It’s coming along. It’s improving. I’m not going to talk much about it, obviously. It will be kind of a game-day decision on Saturday,” Sanderson said.
“Physically, he’s just a monster. He’s recovering quickly. Mentally, he’s fine. He’s a tough kid, obviously extremely tough. He’s put a lot of time in – hours – and (trainer) Dan’s (Monthley) been putting a lot of time in with him. We’re optimistic.”

Oh wait, that was Suriano.
Hope springs eternal.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 11:19:51 AM »
“It’s coming along. It’s improving. I’m not going to talk much about it, obviously. It will be kind of a game-day decision on Saturday,” Sanderson said.
“Physically, he’s just a monster. He’s recovering quickly. Mentally, he’s fine. He’s a tough kid, obviously extremely tough. He’s put a lot of time in – hours – and (trainer) Dan’s (Monthley) been putting a lot of time in with him. We’re optimistic.”

Oh wait, that was Suriano.

Hahaha! Thats pretty funny actually.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2018, 10:00:50 PM »
No surgery is a good sign. Even Marinelli will need surgery after the season is over, and he is able to wrestle with only minor loss to mobility (but a lot of pain!).
I am the way, the truth, and the life.