Author Topic: Nevills Sucked teh Wind Out of Snyder  (Read 1071 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Nevills Sucked teh Wind Out of Snyder
« on: February 04, 2018, 04:26:15 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen Snyder that gassed.  I'll write that one off to still recovering from the trip home from Yarygin.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Nevills Sucked teh Wind Out of Snyder
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:57:29 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen Snyder that gassed.  I'll write that one off to still recovering from the trip home from Yarygin.
That's what I thought as well. Jet lag is brutal though it was disappointing for them to lose the dual that way.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 10:36:20 PM »
Snyder should have just stayed with basic takedowns and secured the major first.  That big throw attempt cost tOSU the dual.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 11:50:21 PM »
285 was moot had Moore won as expected.  Cassar couldn't have wrestled better countering everything Moore through at him.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 08:30:47 AM »
285 was moot had Moore won as expected.  Cassar couldn't have wrestled better countering everything Moore through at him.
Surprising that the #1 guy would go down to a backup.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 11:23:11 AM »

Right.  Why did they put in a backup?

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 11:50:40 AM »
What does it say about the quality of American Collegiate wrestling that the 8th ranked wrestler held the (arguably) #1 P4P wrestler in the world to a 5 point decision!
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 12:32:15 PM »
Did you see how he flopped on Snyder during Snyder's final takedown attempt.  That is why most do not go under a 285 lb person like that.  Ouch!!!   

Snyder may be pound for pound the best, but Nevills had a more than a few pounds on him.

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 04:44:58 PM »

Right.  Why did they put in a backup?

mspart

Per  Sanderson....he thought Cassar had the better shot at winning based on styles. 

McCutchen is injured and out for the season, Cassar and Shakur go back and forth in the room. 

In reality, Cassar was #3 on the roster.

At almost every other weight, PSU is pretty thin as observed at 125 (-Suriano), 133 (-Cortez) and 157 (-Nolf).  PSU gave up 12 points at those weights (4-3-5).

They pulled the red shirt off Lee and have a couple others they could have pulled for Nolf but didn't.  Outside those 2 shirts, there is little to no depth anywhere in the line up, except 197.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 04:48:14 PM »
Except 197 is right.  Wow, is that weight deep over there.

mspart

Offline goStanford18

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 06:08:26 PM »
Except 197 is right.  Wow, is that weight deep over there.

mspart

Crazy weight. If healthy, all 3 PSU 197ers could realistically place top 5...

IMO: McCutcheon is the most consistent; Rasheed has the most bonus potential; Cassar has the highest ceiling.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 08:10:14 PM »

IMO: McCutcheon is the most consistent;

Unfortunately, we probably wont see Matt back in a PSU singlet.  He burned his red shirt as a frosh wrestling opens and doesn't appear to have the 2 seasons of injury to qualify for the medical waiver.  I've heard he's back trying out with the PSU baseball team. He was on the varsity roster as a freshman and sophomore.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 12:48:41 PM »

Unfortunately, we probably wont see Matt back in a PSU singlet.  He burned his red shirt as a frosh wrestling opens and doesn't appear to have the 2 seasons of injury to qualify for the medical waiver.  I've heard he's back trying out with the PSU baseball team. He was on the varsity roster as a freshman and sophomore.

Wrestling in opens doesnt burn a RS.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 02:30:19 PM »

Wrestling in opens doesnt burn a RS.

True, but you get 5 to compete in 4 and he used his 1st of 5 as a redshirt, wrestled 3 and is spending this yerar on the injured reserve bench.  The NCAA rule for a medical waiver requires the greater part of 2 seasons on the injury bench.

Compare Anthony Ashnault.  He wrestled part of his 1st year as a redshirt wrestling opens but sat out of competition mid November through the end of February with a knee injury.  He is out this season with injury surgery.  He applied for the medical waiver citing the 1st year and 5th year injuries and it was granted the 6th year.

My point was, McCutcheon is sitting his 4th year of 4 for eligibility due to the injury, but doesn't have the 2nd injury season to qualify for the medical waiver.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 02:49:03 PM »
Thanks for that clarification