Author Topic: Should there be a new #1 at 197?  (Read 1168 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Should there be a new #1 at 197?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 12:47:21 PM »
I have not seen the full match.  It would appear that Sanderson made a great decision and Cassar wrestled an awesome match.  I did see how he rode Moore like a mule for the last minute or so (all I can find on youtube).  Tough tough tough.

mspart

Speaking of getting ridden.... Did you see Rivera dog Spencer Lee? Rode him like a rented mule.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 10:29:15 AM »
Youtube only had a few matches and then just the last minute.  Did not see that match.

mspart

Offline Jerry Callo

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 10:33:52 AM »
I have not seen the full match.  It would appear that Sanderson made a great decision and Cassar wrestled an awesome match.  I did see how he rode Moore like a mule for the last minute or so (all I can find on youtube).  Tough tough tough.

mspart

Speaking of getting ridden.... Did you see Rivera dog Spencer Lee? Rode him like a rented mule.

And there is another thing I never understood - why would rented mules be easier to ride than ones you own? 
Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 10:45:02 AM »

mspart

And there is another thing I never understood - why would rented mules be easier to ride than ones you own?
If a rented mule is not easy to ride, it becomes fox food.  A pet mule extracts sympathy.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 12:28:05 PM »
So if Shakur Rasheed wrestles this weekend and trashes Cash Wilcke will they bump Cassar from the rankings and replace him with Shakur ?

Offline Jerry Callo

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 12:34:18 PM »
Good question but it seems more likely that Cassar will get the start against Iowa, don't you think?  Either way the question is a good one - if the PSU guy beats Cash dont they get the nod for the B10's?

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 12:55:32 PM »
Can we get flo to broadcast that ranking match?(jk)
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 07:40:44 PM »
Can we get flo to broadcast that ranking match?(jk)

Sure, but it will be a pay per view broadcast including to their subscribers

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 11:48:32 PM »
And the feed will be awful
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 11:28:50 AM »
Against Iowa, PSU went with Shakur who got a major decision.  So who will represent at B1G's?

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 08:34:18 PM »
I want to see who gets placed in the rankings this week.  Is  Shakur back in this week?  Why don't they just do a combined ranking,,,,,, Shakur / Cassar.

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2018, 02:09:53 AM »
I want to see who gets placed in the rankings this week.  Is  Shakur back in this week?  Why don't they just do a combined ranking,,,,,, Shakur / Cassar.
Well, in the abacus (which Shakur never left, of course), we have a new #1 this week...Rasheed jumped past Weigel into the #1 spot, on the strength of his 11-2 win over Wilcke (Weigel didn't wrestle in either dual this weekend, if I'm not mistaken).

Offline Jerry Callo

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 08:35:52 PM »
With Moore going down again today, TOM's decision last week to pick Darmstadt #1 is looking pretty good.  Seems like Intermat and Flo end up with egg on their faces.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2018, 07:33:24 AM »

Just wiped it off mine.   :-[

FWIW  Buffalo at Penn State

"And Shakur Rasheed, deemed the 197-pound starter by Sanderson, cradled Joe Ariola in 1:57 and heavyweight Nick Nevills pressed sub Nolan Terrance in 2:48."