Author Topic: B1G's are Going to be Fun  (Read 439 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
B1G's are Going to be Fun
« on: February 11, 2018, 07:31:23 PM »
More topsy turvey than any year in the recent past. 

Offline goStanford18

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
Re: B1G's are Going to be Fun
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 08:20:24 PM »
#1s Joseph and Snyder go down!

Offline Jerry Callo

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 09:47:26 AM »
If Coon has to cut to make 285 and Snyder goes 230 - that is a 55 pound difference.  Does anyone think that Zain Rutherford (149)could beat Kollin Moore (197) or Willie Miklus?  Actually that is only 48 pounds but who is counting?

When I was a HS heavyweight and would wrestle around with my brother and the other lightweights our coach would stop us and say

"That is why they have weight classes!"

At some point it is not realistic to assume Kyle Snyder can always beat every other heavyweight - and the last two matches against Stoll and Coon seem to be proof that there limit - even with someone as talented as Snyder is.

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 10:20:17 AM »
If Coon has to cut to make 285 and Snyder goes 230 - that is a 55 pound difference.  Does anyone think that Zain Rutherford (149)could beat Kollin Moore (197) or Willie Miklus?  Actually that is only 48 pounds but who is counting?

When I was a HS heavyweight and would wrestle around with my brother and the other lightweights our coach would stop us and say

At some point it is not realistic to assume Kyle Snyder can always beat every other heavyweight - and the last two matches against Stoll and Coon seem to be proof that there limit - even with someone as talented as Snyder is.
It isn't the pounds but the weight percentage difference.  The Zain example doesn't apply.

Stoll has not wrestled Snyder this season and Snyder played with Stoll like a doll last year when they wrestled.  Stoll actually got injured in that match.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline Jerry Callo

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 12:26:51 PM »
I think I got Stoll and Nevill mixed up - Nevill , who is larger this year, gave Snyder a hard time. 

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 07:49:48 PM »

That is exactly why Snyder's two prior championships at 285 were so impressive. Coon used his mass to fend off the attacks and then to hit his takedown.

Offline Jerry Callo

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 08:11:14 PM »
Were Gwiz and Medbury as big as Coon?  It seems Coon has that combination of strength, weight and height (length) that none of the others had. 

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 08:35:34 PM »
Coon spent 16/17 in red shirt pumping iron