Author Topic: Our first State Champion  (Read 1044 times)

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Our first State Champion
« on: February 19, 2018, 08:42:09 AM »
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/kentucky/2018/02/17/after-recovering-serious-illness-travis-gives-moore-high-first-state-wrestling-champ/333677002/

Here’s the article about him. He dominated the defending state champion in the finals. He gave up only three takedowns all year including one in the quarterfinals that nearly gave me a heart attack.

I was present in the interview but I don’t think the guy realized I was one of the coaches because I wasn’t one of the two in the chair
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Our first State Champion
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 01:41:07 PM »
Thanks for posting falcon. Congrats!!
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 02:14:35 AM »
Great stuff!

Offline lkwdsteve

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 07:24:23 AM »
Outstanding.

Offline leglace

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 07:02:52 PM »
Great Job Falcon!
When all else fails, do the opposite...

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 03:59:39 PM »
Thanks everyone, now he's excited about wrestling at Senior Nationals. He currently has some NAIA and D3 offers, I'd imagine we will get some more once we start the national circuit
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 07:46:02 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2018/05/02/positive-athlete-damoreon-travis.cnn/video/playlists/cnn-positive-athlete/

His story made CNN, they filmed some B-Roll with me in the room but for the third time in my life I made the cutting room floor of a national news story. The coach they interviewed, Dean, has been his coach Damoreon's entire career.

He's currently on the verge of signing with Life University but he just started talking to Notre Dame College. John Carroll wanted him bad but I don't think they can offer him the money he needs