Author Topic: How Coon beats Snyder  (Read 1039 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
How Coon beats Snyder
« on: March 13, 2018, 11:13:25 AM »
I was thinking about this on my walk to my car from work.  I think Snyder wins, but I think Coon, if he is smart and I hear he is, did not show all his cards at B1G.  Who cares if you win B1G but lose NCAA's?   I think he has a plan.  If he does and if he is smart it is my plan.   ;D

He wears him out, not taking shots and leaning on him.  Really tying him up and having him carry Coon's weight.  We've seen Snyder get fairly winded working on Coon.  Then in the 3rd period when Snyder is good and tired, Coon should start tying up hard and leaning on the head and pushing.   Head lock and bring him down full weight.  Come around for the takedown.   Repeat if necessary if Snyder gets away.   I think it is a winning formula with a tired Snyder.  If Snyder does not tire, then this will not work as well.  He has to work him hard the first 2 periods.

However, Snyder is Snyder afterall, a World Champion 3 times over and Yarigan Champion 2 times.  He is cagey, knows his game, quick and smart and not afraid to go for a leg.  If Coon does not wear him down and crush him, Snyder wins. 

Whaddya think?

mspart

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: How Coon beats Snyder
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 11:22:37 AM »
Match never happens.
I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of my toilet.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 11:34:31 AM »
Doh!!!    Never saw that scenario coming. 

mspart

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 11:40:59 AM »
Nathan Butler (Stanford) takes out Coon.

Offline Jerry Callo

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 12:39:26 PM »
I was thinking about this on my walk to my car from work.  I think Snyder wins, but I think Coon, if he is smart and I hear he is, did not show all his cards at B1G.  Who cares if you win B1G but lose NCAA's?   I think he has a plan.  If he does and if he is smart it is my plan.   ;D

He wears him out, not taking shots and leaning on him.  Really tying him up and having him carry Coon's weight.  We've seen Snyder get fairly winded working on Coon.  Then in the 3rd period when Snyder is good and tired, Coon should start tying up hard and leaning on the head and pushing.   Head lock and bring him down full weight.  Come around for the takedown.   Repeat if necessary if Snyder gets away.   I think it is a winning formula with a tired Snyder.  If Snyder does not tire, then this will not work as well.  He has to work him hard the first 2 periods.

However, Snyder is Snyder afterall, a World Champion 3 times over and Yarigan Champion 2 times.  He is cagey, knows his game, quick and smart and not afraid to go for a leg.  If Coon does not wear him down and crush him, Snyder wins. 

Whaddya think?

mspart

The Rope A Dope plan has merit, but I think the reason Coon lost the Big 10's was his lack of action.  I think he was too cautious which he was not in the dual.  I think he can beat Snyder by being more aggressive on his feet which will make Snyder have to work harder which should benefit Coon. 

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 05:28:05 PM »

Sig bet?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 08:05:46 PM »
Coon was staying at arms length, not typing up at B1Gs and cautiously deking shots.  More of the same when they meet again gets him silver.  Coon will have to crank it up a couple of notches while keeping Snyder from scooting behind.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 09:30:36 AM »
Coon believes in science, Snyder is on the God squad.  Obviously Snyder will win.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 11:03:10 AM »
But you said Coon doesn't even get there.  And do you know that Coon does not believe in God?  Many people of science do.  Believing in God and believing in science are not mutually exclusive.

mspart

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 12:10:03 PM »
I have every reason to root for Coon. 

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 12:21:36 PM »
I have every reason to root for Coon.

But you said Coon doesn't even get there.  Which is it?  Does he get there or does he not?   I think he is the true #2 and gets there.  I think he has a shot if he plays it right, wears out Snyder and then takes advantage of it.  I think the B1G was a fake out to his big plan.  We will see.

mspart

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2018, 03:06:00 PM »
The Butler gets it done.  Coon v. Snyder 3 never happens.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2018, 04:40:06 PM »
The Butler gets it done.  Coon v. Snyder 3 never happens.

Sig bet?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 07:24:54 PM »
Sure

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 07:35:51 PM »
How Coon beats Snyder... Snyder defaults.  :)
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton