Author Topic: How Coon beats Snyder  (Read 738 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: How Coon beats Snyder
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 06:17:20 PM »
I have to agree with that.  But Snyder is the returning 2 time champ, 2 time World Champ, Olympic Champ, 2 time Yarigan champ.   He knows how to get things done.  You cannot leave it to luck or a  mistake with Snyder.  He does not make many mistakes and gets caught on those even less.  It was Coon's for the taking and he did not take or really try.  It was the same Coon at the B1G tourney. 

Coon is good, Snyder is better.  The only way to prove the reverse is for Coon to go out and take it away. 

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 08:01:43 PM »
Half hearted at best.   He obviously did not read this thread or he would have done what I told him to do.  I gave him the match and he ignored the advice.   ;D

mspart

Other than the TD, I didnt see much more by Snyder.

Coon gave him one opening and Snyder took advantage of it.

Offline lkwdsteve

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2018, 10:33:40 PM »
Half hearted at best.   He obviously did not read this thread or he would have done what I told him to do.  I gave him the match and he ignored the advice.   ;D

mspart

Other than the TD, I didnt see much more by Snyder.
Exactly. Coon made more offensive moves than Snyder. I have never seen Snyder spend 6 1/2 minutes in a match and not touch his opponent's leg. Not one real TD attempt. It was a first. I saw one criticism that Snyder refused to tie up with Coon, but that wasn't true. There were a number of tie ups and even the winning counter TD sequence began in a loose tie up. One would think that ties would be a tactical advantage for Coon, but  that didn't turn out to be the case. Maybe Snyder figured out a way to negate it. Fascinating match.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 10:36:26 AM »
No problem.  Disappearing gives me an excuse to get a life.

Your new Sig line shall read: When will I learn to quit making stupid sig bets?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell