Author Topic: Who gets the Big 10 vacancies?  (Read 717 times)

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Who gets the Big 10 vacancies?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 07:44:37 PM »
Rob Koll is the model for collegiate wrestling coaches.  Started with zero fans and now has a rabid following.  Far too many knuckleheads chewing their nails with 30 people in attendance.
When will I learn to quit making stupid sig bets?

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 08:46:09 PM »
Sean Bormet hired at Michigan.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 08:00:47 AM »
Callo called the Bormet hire.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 08:49:09 AM »
Really poor hire. 

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 10:04:51 AM »
May well be a good hire.  Michigan has risen near the top and those is in the room contributed to it.  I am sure Bormet has not been idle on the recruiting front.  Only time will tell.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 10:06:40 AM »
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 10:21:36 AM »
Off the topic a little, but could Cael still medal at Worlds?  Last time he tried he got 5th, but I don't think he fully dedicated himself.  Much older now, probably wouldn't even place by now. 

Gable wrestled in the room with the guys.  Ground them to dust according to Lewboo. 

mspart

Yes, Gable was piss pounding those world level young guys for years. He could have won world gold for many years, but he felt like he could make a bigger contribution to the sport as a coach. Staying so active at such a high level at that unmatched Gable intensity is probably why his body fell apart and led him to retire at such a young age. TnT are older now than what Gable was when he retired... certainly doesn't seem like it.

Lee Kemp would have kept him off the team
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 10:45:20 AM »
Off the topic a little, but could Cael still medal at Worlds?  Last time he tried he got 5th, but I don't think he fully dedicated himself.  Much older now, probably wouldn't even place by now. 

Gable wrestled in the room with the guys.  Ground them to dust according to Lewboo. 

mspart

Yes, Gable was piss pounding those world level young guys for years. He could have won world gold for many years, but he felt like he could make a bigger contribution to the sport as a coach. Staying so active at such a high level at that unmatched Gable intensity is probably why his body fell apart and led him to retire at such a young age. TnT are older now than what Gable was when he retired... certainly doesn't seem like it.

They weren't the same weight class.  Kemp was bigger.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 12:06:44 PM »
What's Bormet's background in predictive analytics?

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2018, 12:47:23 PM »
What's Bormet's background in predictive analytics?
I believe you are the one that said he was a bad hire.  I don't need to prove you correct.  Flo has a nice write up on him.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6158040-sean-bormet-named-michigan-head-coach

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2018, 01:08:45 PM »
What is his strategy for increasing attendance? 

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2018, 01:25:19 PM »

mspart

They weren't the same weight class.  Kemp was bigger.
NOT when he beat Gable in the Great Plains.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2018, 01:25:53 PM »

Beating Ohio State

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2018, 02:18:28 PM »
Get Stormy Daniels to tell us about Trump during intermission.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2018, 02:36:52 PM »
You're hired.