Author Topic: Iowa State 3.0, Oklahoma 1.0  (Read 1256 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa State 3.0, Oklahoma 1.0
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 10:52:14 AM »
In 2017, his team produced 9.5 points in the NCAA. In 2018 his team produced 1.0 point.

Wrestler   2016-17 Record       17-18 record    Comments
Moody RSSo          17-13                  23-13      Improved.... Has a very good chance to AA, Has improved at OU
Rubio   RSJr              6-6                   13-14      Got worse... No chance to AA       
Longo     Sr             20-10                  19-20      Got worse...  No obvious replacement
Jeffries   Jr              19-15                  24-17      Minor improvement... Has a small chance to AA. Hasnt really improved much
Thomas RSFr           RS                   23-16        N/A... Good potential for improvement to AA
Barnes   Sr              8-7                    20-15       Minor improvement.... Possible replacement is Thomas twin brother
Mejias    Sr             11-8                    28-9         Improved... Probable replacement Hayden Hansen not much chance to AA
Waddell  RFros          HS                   8-21        N/A... Very little talent....Will never AA
Dixon     Sr              9-14                  19-20        Minor improvement... Replacement is Jake Woodley decent chance to AA
Webb    Frosh           HS                    5-22         N/A.... Very little talent, no chance to AA

I dont see us scoring more than 10-15 points next year with at most 2 All Americans. As Ive said recruiting this year and last has been dismal. 

I've been told that Rosselli has not sold his house in Columbus.

"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 11:02:43 AM »
But did he buy one in Norman?   Yes, he's had a rough start.  VG, I haven't seen you this fired up about UO's awful wrestling ever.  What's a few more seasons.  Maybe he can turn it around.  WSU was just about 0-11 when Leach was hired.  It took him a number of years to get the team to where it is now.  Certainly not overnight.

mspart

Offline Cicero

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 12:06:27 PM »
2 years, where you were hired after school started the first year is too short to pull the plug outside of some scandal he is responsible for. I'd say if they don't make any significant improvement next year, I think that it starts to be a more fair discussion.

As for the thing about him selling his house in Columbus, I was looking at the recruiting announcement and his oldest son is in the class. I wonder if letting him finish school there was part of it.

"The kinds of moves Oliver can hit are well beyond the kinds of moves I have the wrestling knowledge to describe" - LoSt

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 01:05:57 PM »
But did he buy one in Norman?   Yes, he's had a rough start.  VG, I haven't seen you this fired up about UO's awful wrestling ever.  What's a few more seasons.  Maybe he can turn it around.  WSU was just about 0-11 when Leach was hired.  It took him a number of years to get the team to where it is now.  Certainly not overnight.

mspart

Leach had a proven record of success at Tech.  And WSU in football is not OU in wrestling.  Well considering OU only scored 1 point this year, It will be hard not to show some improvement (but a 0.0 or a 0.5 is NOT out of the question). If I had seen any noticeable improvement this year, I might be more patient, but the team got WORSE... which is frankly hard to do given the low performance the year before.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 02:02:22 PM »
WSU record:
2003    Bill Doba    10–3    
2004    Bill Doba    5–6    
2005    Bill Doba    4–7    
2006    Bill Doba    6–6    
2007    Bill Doba    5–7    
2008    Paul Wulff    2–11    
2009    Paul Wulff    1–11    
2010    Paul Wulff    2–10    
2011    Paul Wulff    4–8    
2012    Mike Leach    3–9    
2013    Mike Leach    6–7    
2014    Mike Leach    3–9    
2015    Mike Leach    9–4    
2016    Mike Leach    8–5    
2017    Mike Leach    9–4    

They gave him a little time and the first 3 years were not good.  I say give Roselli a chance.

mspart

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 03:26:58 PM »
He feels like things are trending nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paxXQN6x8ZU
I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of my toilet.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2018, 04:00:48 PM »
He feels like things are trending nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paxXQN6x8ZU

What do you expect him to say? "Yeah we just had the worst performance of any team in Oklahoma's history... but I think we can do worse in 2018!"

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2018, 04:36:23 PM »
Well, now if he said that you might have a better case here!!

mspart

PS:   Now I know why you don't like him.  His ears are not cauliflowered enough!!!

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 04:57:03 PM »

Maybe he wanted a place for his family to live while his son finished high school. Just a hunch, but usually when you take a job a 1000 miles away you don't kick your family out on the street.

I'd surely hate to have facts get in the way of your arguments, but he has some good kids coming in this year. Madrigal was a top 10 kid, not sure why he isn't in any rankings now.

#14 Josiah Jones   Bishop McCort   PA   285
Top 10 Anthony Madrigal   Oak Park River Forest   IL   133/141
#15 Tommy Hoskins   Legacy Christian Academy   OH   125/133
#16 Jaryn Curry   Choctaw   OK   174
Jordan Rosselli   Olentangy Liberty   OH   125/133
No one on ignore   I like to argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2018, 06:12:32 PM »
I will say he has zero charisma.
I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of my toilet.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2018, 07:55:52 PM »

Maybe he wanted a place for his family to live while his son finished high school. Just a hunch, but usually when you take a job a 1000 miles away you don't kick your family out on the street.

I'd surely hate to have facts get in the way of your arguments, but he has some good kids coming in this year. Madrigal was a top 10 kid, not sure why he isn't in any rankings now.

Yes, having a kid as a sr in his is a good reason to keep the old house.

Of those kids only 1 is top 10. Is Madrigal hurt, because he did not place at state.

That 285 kid took 3rd in AA; Hoskins took 3rd in Div 3; Curry won state again in OK, but this was one of the worst years in memory for Okla and OSU didn't offer....and Rosselli jr did not place in smallest class.

As I said.   A terrible recruiting haul.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 10:26:46 AM »

Yes, having a kid as a sr in his is a good reason to keep the old house.

Of those kids only 1 is top 10. Is Madrigal hurt, because he did not place at state.

That 285 kid took 3rd in AA; Hoskins took 3rd in Div 3; Curry won state again in OK, but this was one of the worst years in memory for Okla and OSU didn't offer....and Rosselli jr did not place in smallest class.

As I said.   A terrible recruiting haul.

More mediocrity
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211710411
MacCallum fills a hole but was only 1-2 at the NCAA
I've seen Butler and he is D-2 quality
Campbell did not even place at state
and Rosselli took 4th

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2018, 07:01:50 AM »
How long will ISU give Dresser? He has a very good staff and he's recruiting well and as long as he shows improvement next year and more the year after that he's safe.

Roselli is another story however. In TWO years his teams have scored 10.5 points and have 0 All Americans. Recruiting is less than adequate  with only 1 top 10 kid. The staff has only 1 one time National Champion. Looking at next year's team, there's only one or two kids with more than a snow ball's chance at AA. And really with the exception of 1 or 2 others the rest of the roster is D-II talent or lower.  Its time to pull the plug
I think Dresser has made clear progress and with the addition of Nate Carr and the Regional Training Center he is doing what he has done everywhere he's been. This year will be quite interesting to follow. He seems to be loading up, but it has taken a good deal of fallout to get there.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2018, 08:32:40 PM »
No one on ignore   I like to argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2018, 08:09:42 PM »
I"m sure you won't want to see this
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211713949

All of those appear to be last years recruits.

But I will acknowledge their success. But was that Rosselli's success or Guererro's? Time will tell.