Author Topic: Final NCAA Championship Team Standings  (Read 449 times)

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Final NCAA Championship Team Standings
« on: March 19, 2018, 11:50:26 PM »
Nice job by Team Brew on a strong tournament run. Thanks to all the guys that took part in the league this year. Hope to have you back next season.

1. Brew:  133
2. Dutch:  121
3. Gage:  111
4. nywrestler:  104
5. Yak:  103
6. Lost:  102
7. Jerry Callo:  99.5
8. Akin:  79.5
9. Falcon:  79.5
10. acguns:  70.5
11. Trusty:  69
12. Bryce:  61
13. JLJ: 49.5
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline Jerry Callo

• National Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Final NCAA Championship Team Standings
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:58:29 AM »
Congrat Brew - and to everyone for a good year!  Akin - you are the best - see you all next year!
Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Offline dutch134

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 09:11:02 AM »
Congrats Brew!  You put together a great team.  Thanks again Akin!

Offline YakRider

• DIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 01:42:48 PM »
congrats!!! nice job brew.  lucky ya didn't trade me lee for cruz.  well lucky for you.    lol.

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 10:02:00 PM »
Thanks gents!
You owe me one next season yak, chance for Campbell was a horrendous trade....for me!
I think we should vote on keepers....we should get to keep 2 for next season.  I suppose I will give up my first two picks and keep Yianni and Lee.... I know I know what a longshot
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 08:36:59 AM »
Congrats Brew!

Offline Jerry Callo

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 09:42:05 AM »
Thanks gents!
You owe me one next season yak, chance for Campbell was a horrendous trade....for me!
I think we should vote on keepers....we should get to keep 2 for next season.  I suppose I will give up my first two picks and keep Yianni and Lee.... I know I know what a longshot

Just a couple of things to keep in mind about keepers - and I am in a keeper league so I am not completely blowing smoke out of my butt on this.  First of all - it would not really be fair to announce that we can keep picks when we did not draft with keeping picks in mind, because the dynamics of the draft changes significantly when you are looking at keeping someone for 4-5 years in stead a one and done type situation.

Second - if we are going to go to keepers, there are two things i think we need to look at.  First, we need to look at some sort of reserve list so if you draft someone who wrestles and then later take a red shirt - you will want to place that pick on a reserve list and not lose all that equity.

Next, we will need to have some sort of limitation on drafting guys who may be red shirting - or else you could get someone who will draft Gable Stevenson when he is 14 years old and hang on to him forever - even though he is still in high school.  In my other league - it would not have been permissible to have kept Daton Fix, because he red shirted the whole year, but if someone had drafted Spencer Lee that would have counted ONLY if he had come out of red-shirt, which he did. 

The other thing is if you get stuck on the outside looking in with a keeper league it can be VERY discouraging, and can take YEARS to rebound.  I for one like the one and done aspect of this league - but that is just one vote. 

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 04:56:02 PM »
Jerry I appreciated the thoroughness of your response but I was just kidding about the keepers.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Jerry Callo

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 03:06:47 PM »
It seems to come up alot - either this time of year or in the fall - so I thought I would get my 2 cents in on this.