Author Topic: Limited access  (Read 370 times)

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Limited access
« on: May 20, 2018, 05:11:39 PM »
"General" is not available to non-old members.  This is why there hasn't been any fresh blood FOREVER.  Will that change after us old heads die off?
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Limited access
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 10:39:30 AM »
I  think there was a rule of so many posts to gain access to General.  Perhaps it should be brought down.  That said, we did have Jerry Callo come on and try his hand at the General section.  He was good natured and fun to have around.  He gave good arguments, not just limp ones.  And he was chased away.  A very sad precedent was set there.  General should be a place of robust debate, not a one sided place for old men to carp about.  And it should be civil too. 

mspart

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 12:29:20 PM »
I don't know that anyone chased Jerry away.  He had an uphill battle to fight.  Mostly, the discussions have been civil.  There does have to be at least some thickness to the skin.  Right now, it is mostly like-minded in agreement.  Kind of boring.  Even Falcon couldn't defend his position anymore.
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 03:35:18 PM »
No, Jerry was chased out.  He was called names (serious names) and did not take kindly to that and left.  It is too bad because he was one of the better posters we had. 

He was left leaning but had reason and facts to back up his positions.  Much different than LHD who had nothing.  Jerry was great.  I'm sure Falcon got tired of the piling on he was constantly getting. 

mspart

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 06:33:22 PM »
No, Jerry was chased out.  He was called names (serious names) and did not take kindly to that and left.  It is too bad because he was one of the better posters we had. 

He was left leaning but had reason and facts to back up his positions.  Much different than LHD who had nothing.  Jerry was great.  I'm sure Falcon got tired of the piling on he was constantly getting. 

mspart
I didn't see anyone calling him names.  It wasn't me was it?

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 06:40:33 PM »
I was just looking at the thread where Jerry walked away.  There wasn't any name calling going on.  Re-examine it for yourself.

http://forum.theopenmat.com/index.php?topic=36798.msg539620#msg539620

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 07:11:05 PM »
If you don't see it then I can't help you.

mspart