Author Topic: A lok at ranked wrestlers who did not place in Fargo? Really  (Read 277 times)

Offline leglace

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
 Sorry, I am not a fan of the article. Poor taste imo. It was good as a forum subject but not an official TOM article.
When all else fails, do the opposite...

Offline earld1cw

• Schoolboy
    • View Profile
Re: A lok at ranked wrestlers who did not place in Fargo? Really
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 09:06:44 PM »
Sorry, I am not a fan of the article. Poor taste imo. It was good as a forum subject but not an official TOM article.

I was wondering if anyone felt that way.

It's was meant to show just how tough the tournament is and gain a deeper understanding of the results... rather than to make fun of the kids who lost or something like that.

Also, there may be a stigma around DNP'ing at a tournament. However, let's take a look at Mosha Schwartz of Pennsylvania, currently ranked #6 at 138. It may seem bad that he didn't place...well looking into his results he lost to the eventual champion Keegan O'Toole and then Jaden Abas who was upset early himself. So Schwartz may have lost to the two best wrestlers at his weight. It's supposed to be used as a tool for when rankings are posted on Wednesday. The first instinct may be to drop a guy who was #6 that DNP'ed at Fargo, however getting all the info, that probably won't end up happening.