Author Topic: Kyler Murray  (Read 177 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Kyler Murray
« on: August 22, 2018, 12:10:02 PM »
https://images.wsj.net/im-22826?width=1260&aspect_ratio=1.5

Kyler Murray, who signed a $5 million deal with the Oakland A's who made him their first round draft pic. He is also the presumed starting QB for the Sooner this year. Which means he will be the highest paid quarterback in college football since Cam Newton.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2779886-kyler-murray-as-agree-to-5m-contract-allowed-to-play-1-year-as-oklahomas-qb
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Kyler Murray
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 01:07:49 PM »
He better hope he doesn't get injured.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 01:37:03 PM »
The NCAA maintains a disability insurance program for top tier athletes that opt to not turn pro. The only difference here as compared to others - the value has been defined by the baseball contract.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 09:09:06 AM »
Great athlete.
I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of my toilet.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 09:15:47 AM »
Another Neon Deon.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 10:15:52 AM »
My sarcasm seems to have floated over heads.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 10:26:34 PM »
That's because it's Reggie Bush that holds that title with a confirmed $300,000 personal take.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 04:47:38 PM »
That's because it's Reggie Bush that holds that title with a confirmed $300,000 personal take.

I said... "since" Cam.

Al joking aside... Is Murray the highest paid college football player of all time? Who else could it be?

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 05:48:19 PM »
Sanders signed both contracts after he left school.  As far as I can tell, Murray set the standard.  There have been but a handful of crossovers. 

Roscoe Crosby had a $1.75 million signing bonus from the Kansas City Royals while a Clemson wide receiver in the early 2000s.

Kyle Parker was Clemson's quarterback after he got a $1.4 million signing bonus from the Colorado Rockies in 2010.

Murray was blessed with a $4.6 mil signing bonus and 1 year to play for the Sooners.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 04:02:43 PM »
Sanders signed both contracts after he left school.  As far as I can tell, Murray set the standard.  There have been but a handful of crossovers. 

Roscoe Crosby had a $1.75 million signing bonus from the Kansas City Royals while a Clemson wide receiver in the early 2000s.

Kyle Parker was Clemson's quarterback after he got a $1.4 million signing bonus from the Colorado Rockies in 2010.

Murray was blessed with a $4.6 mil signing bonus and 1 year to play for the Sooners.

Another Sooner record!