Author Topic: WTF?  (Read 1112 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: WTF?
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2018, 06:03:58 PM »
Similar to the Peterson that we teach in our HS. It is problematic to get out of as Snyder found out.

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2018, 08:00:40 PM »
Am I the only one blown away be the quickness of that single for guy that size?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline goStanford18

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2018, 08:16:55 PM »
Sadulaev weighed in at 95kg. My guess is that he could easily make 86kg if he wanted to. He gives up noticeable size at 97kg, but it appears that strength isn’t an issue. I’d like to see him head back down to 86kg to go against Taylor and Yazdani.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2018, 09:03:18 PM »
Sadulaev weighed in at 95kg. My guess is that he could easily make 86kg if he wanted to. He gives up noticeable size at 97kg, but it appears that strength isn’t an issue. I’d like to see him head back down to 86kg to go against Taylor and Yazdani.

Easily ?   You do realize that's a 20 lb cut from 95. 10% of his body weight.  He looked pretty lean to me.  He'd be dropping muscle mass while starving to get there

Offline goStanford18

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2018, 10:16:23 PM »
Easily may be an overstatement. It looks like he currently cuts no weight whatsoever and that 95kg is the heaviest he’s ever been. He could probably get under 200lbs after a couple hard workouts. Me thinks with the right nutrition plan, 189 isn’t an absurd cut for him. His torso is huge at 95kg (not sure I would describe it as lean).

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2018, 10:55:24 PM »
No matter who you were cheering for, that was a cool pin.

Once he realized that he simply wasn't going to be able to complete the single, he switched gears with that cool sit through.

1. Shoots for the leg.
2. Grasps around Snyder's tree trunk of a leg.
3. Thinks "Oh, s***, I can't move it."
4. Comes up with a new plan on the fly and dumps Snyder.

Sucks Kyle lost, but I hope coaches show that pin (and the decision making that went into it)  in high school practices throughout the country this winter.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2018, 10:59:28 AM »
Snyder was quite gracious about it in the post interview.  They asked him what move that was and he said he didn't know, something Jr. High-esque but seems to work here too.  He was not aware of it and by the time his arms were locked Sad, just tightened it up.  Good interview.   He'll be back. 

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2018, 08:24:24 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAC521WdGkU

Quote from: Youtube

This video contains content from TMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2018, 09:03:02 PM »
https://www.nbcsports.com/video/abdulrashid-sadulayev-beats-kyle-snyder-rematch-century

NBCSports has the entire match.

I'll add more to this thread

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2018, 10:44:01 AM »
Thanks aguest!

mspart

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2018, 12:48:21 PM »
What he said ^
Much appreciated!
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2018, 06:51:09 PM »
Watching the match with Snyder again, when he puts his hand on Sad's head, Sad recoils, doesn't want it.  He was trying to avoid that.  He was also pawing at Snyders' head like he wasn't sure what he was doing.  It is interesting to watch.  It was a great shot off the tie by Sad for sure and he held on to the leg despite the pressure Snyder was giving and was able to make it work.  I think Snyder will not hang on to that hold around the gut so long anymore.  I think he'll work much harder to get out of that and not hang in there so long. 

But I think that Snyder's attack on the head is not something that Sad likes too much. 

mspart

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2018, 08:37:12 PM »
Watching the match with Snyder again, when he puts his hand on Sad's head, Sad recoils, doesn't want it.  He was trying to avoid that.  He was also pawing at Snyders' head like he wasn't sure what he was doing.  It is interesting to watch.  It was a great shot off the tie by Sad for sure and he held on to the leg despite the pressure Snyder was giving and was able to make it work.  I think Snyder will not hang on to that hold around the gut so long anymore.  I think he'll work much harder to get out of that and not hang in there so long. 

But I think that Snyder's attack on the head is not something that Sad likes too much. 

mspart
This is going to be a rivalry that will be fun to watch.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2018, 12:44:18 PM »
I certainly hope so.

mspart