Author Topic: Bill Holsonback, RIP  (Read 497 times)

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Bill Holsonback, RIP
« on: November 12, 2018, 07:04:41 PM »
While nowhere near as famous as Stan Lee, my Dad was very important to me.  He passed away last Thursday at home at age 87, after a long fight with Alzheimer's and an attack of stomach cancer.  Hospice helped us care for him during his final week and is a great organization.

The funeral is tomorrow afternoon.  Please hug your loved ones.  They are much more important than the poitical BS we often get caught up in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Holsonback, RIP
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 08:23:47 PM »
Bob, sorry to hear about the loss of your dad.  May your fond memories be plenty enough to fill the void.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 09:52:23 PM »
Sorry to hear the sad news.  My thoughts and prayers to you.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 12:57:41 PM »
Sorry for your loss, Bob.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 04:15:42 PM »
Same Bob.  My Dad passed away a few years ago.  It was very difficult for me personally.   I'm getting emotional right now just typing this.  He was 88 and was suffering from general bodily shutdown.  You are correct, go and hug those that mean something to you because you might not get that chance tomorrow.  Let them know how much they mean to you.  When it is all said and done, it is the relationships that matter the most. 

Very sorry for your loss Bob.  I feel for you.

mspart

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 09:23:53 AM »
Thanks to all for the kind words.  This has been hardest on my youngest brother.  He was our Dad's full-time caregiver for nearly four years.  I'm trying to get back into my normal routine, but that's not possible for him.  In the meantime, he plans to head up to Panama City to deliver water to folks hit hard by the hurricane.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 04:53:35 PM »
I know how tough that was on him.  My mother in law is not quite there yet, but my brother in law has been caring for her 7 days a week for the past 5 years while my visits 2 days a week to give him a break.  He hasn't been away for a vaca for that whole time.