Author Topic: Askren in UFC now  (Read 1716 times)

Online Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Askren in UFC now
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 07:54:41 AM »
And Askren's chin is not great.  Neither was his game plan. Flying knee, five second KO.

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019, 11:28:14 AM »
I think he should retire. Two UFC fights and took a lot of head truma in both of them. He can't keep doing that without getting some cogniitive issues down the road. Unlike most other professional fighters he has a very lucrative career already on the side (his AWA wrestling academy). Heck, a lot of people here wanted him to be the next Univ. of Wisconsin wrestling coach. He's a big part of the wrestling community here so I'd like to see him stick with that.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth - Albert Einstein, 1901

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 11:29:37 AM »
I'm glad I didn't pay to see that.  Unbelievable.  If Ben had ducked lower or to the side, or stood his ground and stayed up, this would be a different story.  It might still be a loss for him but it would look way different.   It looked to me like he got hit on the upper right side of his forehead.  BLASTED!!!

I have not seen where he wants a rematch, so may RV is correct and he will now retire.   I would think he would be calling it a fluke and demanding a rematch.  But he didn't want one against Lawler so it would be inconsistent to demand one now. 

My guess is he takes one more match.  If he does well, he'll take another.  If not, then he will retire. 

mspart

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 11:39:00 AM »
I saw on themat.com board that someone was saying that would have been a good time for a lateral drop rather than going for a double leg.   What do you think?

mspart

Online Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 11:55:28 AM »
I saw on themat.com board that someone was saying that would have been a good time for a lateral drop rather than going for a double leg.   What do you think?

mspart

Or an inside trip or a side step or anything that would have kept his head away from the flying knee.