Author Topic: Advice on these new "Automatic" Stall calls....  (Read 91 times)

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
Advice on these new "Automatic" Stall calls....
« on: December 04, 2018, 02:54:19 PM »
Anyone have tips or strategy how you make these new stall calls. Yes, some are obvious....kid backs up to the edge, other wrestler shoots him out...Easy stall call.....I'm talking about the ones in the middle......flurry of action....flurry ends, still in neutral, outside  the small circle, and now dancing again, and before you know it, one wrestler is shot out.....still an easy call, but something more along those lines....I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a system down on this....

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on these new "Automatic" Stall calls....
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 08:58:14 AM »
Is this international or high school? I don't typically give a stall call when a guy is shot out of bounds. More likely if it is happening repeatedly though.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth - Albert Einstein, 1901

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 11:02:10 AM »
High school.....we were instructed this year , that this was a point of emphasis....whenever two wrestlers make their way to the edge of the mat without ANY FORM OF ACTION (just danced their way there) and they go out of bounds, someone is getting banged with stalling, and most likely the one who was taken out of bounds. Last year, we would also do the same as you mentioned....do it once, you're okay, do it a couple more times, BANG! Now, we're instructed to automatically call stalling. Is this not true in other parts of the USA? I had a kid get called for stalling within the first 10 seconds of a Varsity match this past weekend.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 01:52:11 PM »
What we've told our officials is, if they go out of bounds in neutral, there should be one of three calls made: stalling green, stalling red, or aggressive wrestling action took them out of bounds. Look for who took the action to the boundary line and how they took it there. If one wrestler goes OOB, it is his responsibility to work hard to get back in bounds.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 02:05:42 PM »
AKIN,

Pretty much the same thing told to us. I'm glad I'm not the only one. This rule interpretation should evolve the sport tremendously in regards to keeping the action in the middle of the mat.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 02:09:23 PM »
And after 3 weeks of competition, we really haven't had a large increase in stalling calls due to the new interpretation. I think the coaches are really pounding it in to the wrestler's heads about staying in bounds.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 02:18:00 PM »
I concur. Wrestlers are learning to circle in at all cost and if they deviate from the center, find a way to get back to the middle, especially when their back is to the line.